Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Good things come to those who (im)patiently wait, although, with patience, you can scout up P99s, PPS models, and PPQs right now. It just takes a little time, and research, and internet scouring.

·
Premium Member
13,491 Posts
Heck, I'm patiently waiting for a DA PPQ. :D
I think they already have one...it's called the P99 DAO, or one could opt for the P99 AS where, when decocked the first trigger pull is DA...following shots are SA and pretty much identical to the PPQ...short, light and sweet with a very short reset.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't mean to be a Negative Nelly or a Debbie Downer, but does anybody know if the "New Walthers" will come with a humongous price increase?

What do they sell for in other Countries??

It is possible that S&W was not marketing the guns and passing on the savings to the customer?

It is possible Carl Walther will import them (again) and bump up the price to finance a new marketing blitz.

For all we know, S&W was selling them at cost and now Earls prices could be the new norm.

Great.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Naw, with the new prices posted on Gunbroker I think Walther has finally figured out the right pricepoint for the US market.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have heard that their prices are higher in Europe. Maybe one of our German members can confirm.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Walther P99 AS 9mm - Walther - Handguns - Firearms

Walther P99as sells for $899.95 Canadian dollars, which converts to $914.67 in USD.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?client=tmpg&depth=1&hl=tr&langpair=de|en&rurl=translate.google.com&u=http://www.waffen-joray.ch/Pistolen/Walther-P-99-AS-Neuwaffe.html&usg=ALkJrhjDYe3HZAjKpqLGrmnwX-l8iL6pTQ

In Switzerland they sell for 1095.00 CHF (Swiss Franc), which converts to $1181.98 USD.
The Swiss have to pay 8% VAT which means they pay $1276.54 USD total.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Whoever imports them, they should stamp their name on the underside of the trigger guard. I hate Smith & Wesson Springfield Mass displayed on the slide.:mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Keep in mind that pretty much everything is significantly more expensive elsewhere. A Glock 19 in Switzerland will set you back about a grand. I'd hope Walther hits the ground running January 1st, the P99 isn't even listed by Davidson's anymore and it has proven impossible lately to find one around here. I'd also hope to not see a significant price hike, if any at all. I must admit I am a little disheartened by the lack of further information so far.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
There's no reason to grow concerned or even to speculate. Walther has given no indication that it will retire the P99. Until it does (and yeah, that day will eventually come; it always does), why work up the energy needlessly?

·
Registered
101 Posts
That looks so much cleaner without it...

Also - Whenever I wipe my gun down it gets fibers from whatever type of cloth I use in the SW import stamp... It's pretty annoying :p

Whoever imports them, they should stamp their name on the underside of the trigger guard. I hate Smith & Wesson Springfield Mass displayed on the slide.:mad:

·
Banned
1,763 Posts
With the PPQ being converted to even more glock ish with the thumb mag release we ought to be thankful as that gun is going to direct more of the usual folks and the P99 is likely to be left as the option for those of us that prefer a more refined pistol as opposed to making it more like other guns.

Sadly, the PPQ guys are the ones getting a long slide option and such but maybe we can get some love later on. Perhaps a lighter weight P99c AS? or a light weight PPS with the AS trigger?

41 - 60 of 215 Posts