Walther Forums banner

181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Why in the heck is this site allowing links to junk sites such as those found in the info regarding $399 P99 and P99c pistolas found in this thread? Clicked on them and was directed to airguns. Admins.: Clean up this site!!
Sorry my friend but you're way off base. Many of us, MANY, have purchased the $339 P99c from Shoot Straight and are very happy. Have a great day!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Well, the CCP is well suited for the new female shooters, and the PK380 provides an option in counties that ban 9x19mm. So it doesn't surprise me to see those.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Interesting... someone in the Creed subforum heard a rumor the Creed was being discontinued and someone posted the 2018 Walther catalog that does not show either the Creed, the PPSM1 or the P99.
Meaningful or not? P99 being phased out yet again?

They have the PK380 and CCP in there, BTW

http://www.carl-walther.de/fileadmin/uploads/media/catalogs/01_2834103_Walther_Handguns_web.pdf

Part of this is is incorrect the 2018 catalog does not have the PPS M1, but it DOES list the Creed, and P99AS model in it.

It's important to keep in mind that the American market is different from what the German website covers. Just because something is or isn't on the German site doesn't mean it will or won't be available for the US market. For instant the Creed is probably a gun build specifically for the American market, and I wouldn't be surprised it has never been offered out side the US. It's kinda like the lifetime warranty that is only good for the American market. All markets outside of that are covered by one year warranty.

http://media.waltherarms.com/public/file/2cip-ok4f48mi

·
Registered
160 Posts
Part of this is is incorrect the 2018 catalog does not have the PPS M1, but it DOES list the Creed, and P99AS model in it.

It's important to keep in mind that the American market is different from what the German website covers. Just because something is or isn't on the German site doesn't mean it will or won't be available for the US market. For instant the Creed is probably a gun build specifically for the American market, and I wouldn't be surprised it has never been offered out side the US. It's kinda like the lifetime warranty that is only good for the American market. All markets outside of that are covered by one year warranty.

http://media.waltherarms.com/public/file/2cip-ok4f48mi
Thank you, not only for your insight but that awesome catalog download. Lots of cool information there, like the P99 was the first ever polymer gun with interchangeable backstraps.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
The P99 as been "discontinued" so many times that I think even Chicken Little has tired of that hysteria. Perhaps it is/will be d/c'd but given that its 20ish years old even if it were to be d/c'd it's had a great run. Heck, when the PPQ came out the hysteria was that the P99 was done, gone, and replaced by it....nope, didn't happen. As for the Creed, its a USA weapon according to the Walther USA folks at NRA last year and not typically even mentioned by other Walther outlets or by Walther Germany.

·
Registered
834 Posts
The p99 is apparently too hard for the average shooter as they do not have the necessary muscle memory to use a DA/SA action plus the European style paddle mag release is too difficult for them too.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Well, Tombstone is now out of the full-sized P99 in 9mm, so I'll take that to mean that's it for the foreseeable future. Better luck next time!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I saw a used MR version today at Bullet Trap in Plano TX for $325. Or was it $350?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Favorites

The p99 is apparently too hard for the average shooter as they do not have the nessesary muscle memory to use a DA/SA action plus the European style paddle mag release is too difficult for them too.
The Mag release and the decocker are my favorite things about this gun. I lov the Grip too. I am shocked that it is not more popular.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
If the easy to understand and use P99 is too complicated for most American shooters, then I would suggest that most American shooters should not have a weapon at all.

181 - 200 of 215 Posts