Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired by some research I ordered a few boxes of the Fiocchi 9XTPC25 Hornady XTP JHP's (25 count and $0.59/Round) and several more of the Fiocchi 9APBHP that are also 124 gr JHP's, just not the pricey Hornady's (50 count and $0.32/Round). Both spec's are 1100 Feet Per Second/ 333 Foot Pounds. Comparing the two rounds side by side the XTP's are shorter cone shaped HP's. When I saw the difference I was hoping that both would feed OK. I made it to the range today and put a box of each through my new CCP M2 without any problems. I put two clips of each through as fast as I could fire to reassure myself of the smooth operation if I develop the skills and ever need to.

I honestly couldn't tell a difference in the accuracy of the two. I would be interested in seeing if there is any performance difference of the two different HP's if anyone is up to comparing. My guess is that there is a difference as there is with hunting bullets. The Hornady's probably stay together better is my guess. I would like to hear any personal experiences.

May go with the 124 gr FMJ's for close quarters drills to save a nickle or so per round but plan on practicing with the JHP's at a distance.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Broke the 200 barrier today getting my new TruGlo Pro sights sighted in without any malfunctions.
Take a look at the 8 shot group from 10 yards.
Hey GeorgiaJoe. Good shooting! How is the trigger on that thing? Do you feel some grit or is it pretty smoothe??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey GeorgiaJoe. Good shooting! How is the trigger on that thing? Do you feel some grit or is it pretty smoothe??
On mine I wouldn't call it gritty or smooth. I only feel the uneven pressure when taking very careful aim and pulling VERY slowly. As I pull, a bit past the half way point of travel the required pressure to keep it moving increases then suddenly "breaks free" to continue travel. A short travel later you hit another resistance just before it breaks to release the striker. I would describe it a two take-ups.
So if I'm practicing to be most accurate I get through the first resistance and then when I feel the next one I know that any movement will release the striker. You don't feel any grit when doing a normal "follow through" trigger pull.

Hope this helps.
Joe

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The Fiocchi 9XTPC25 Hornady XTP 124gr JHP's shot an average of 1045fps. (velocities from 1029 to 1053)
The Fiocchi 9APBHP Shooting Dynamics 124gr JHP's shot an average of 1085fps. (velocities from 1057 to 1121)

·
Registered
1 Posts
sorry new here and this is the first thread i found on the CCP M2..... mine was new and would stove pipe every round every time, used Fiocchi 115 g, american eagle 115 grain, federal HST's, ALL jammed every shot, sent it to Walther and just got it back, tooooo late to shoot but the pink order acknowledgment paper says, 1 says repair repair department 1....2 says service, honed chamber and checked OPS with live fire 100% Operational, 3 was shipping and handling.......... Just wondering if anyone else had an issue with the M2...... This is gonna be my wifes carry gun cause she loves it or should i go a different route

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had two malfunctions in the several hundred that I've fired of the 124gr. Get a box of the cheaper Fiocchi 9APBHP's and compare the 115 and 124 next trip to the range. Hope it shoots both but I seen several posts of folks having problems with 115 gr.
Also make sure it's not a case of limpwristing. One of my two was.

Hope it's fixed and shoots 100% for her. I know you want her to have a dependable carry gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts