Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$470 was the last one sold. There was someone with 48 Q5's for sale that have removed their listing after selling only one, most likely to reprice after selling just one. Walther PPQ M2 Q5 Match 9mm Pistol - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 961027312

Nice Walther Arms PPQ M2 9MM 4"Brl Night Sights 3 Mags No Reserve - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 965052169 There's the M2, granted no case and only 2 mags, but still. I hear people at the gunshop talking about getting Q4s and Q5s now when before I never heard Walther mentioned, ever.

Does anyone else follow other brands and their respective models? I know the P50 dropped over 50% in a month, because I'm about to order one.

Seriously think about it, a BERSA TPRC is selling for the SAME PRICE as a Walther PPQ 9mm M2. Is it homogenization, just people not realizing the differences in low-mid range pistols and sellers compensating for that price point? or what?

· Registered
73 Posts
The cost of fuel and food reducing discretionary spending? Then again is it just Walther brand or just specific models? I haven't followed gun pricing to know if other branded guns are dropping in price.

· Registered
827 Posts
$400 dollars seem like what I'd expect to pay for that PPQ. Heck, it actually seems pretty high when you consider...

1. Missing box, papers, accessories
  2. Not insignificant wear
  3. Aftermarket parts installed
  4. Rust on the magazine base, magazine release button, sights, and possibly the slide. (hard to tell, photo quality is not very high definition and the rusted parts are not well pictured)

· Registered
3,902 Posts
My favorite part is that he describes a gun with no fewer than 3 rusted components as "Nice Walther..." "Excellent Condition"
👍
That's a regular issue I see on GB. Seen a few guns with rust and actual pitting referred to as 'excellent'.
I've been lucky in my approx 2 dozen GB firearm purchases. I always zoom in on pics, and sometimes request additional pics.

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$400 dollars seem like what I'd expect to pay for that PPQ. Heck, it actually seems pretty high when you consider...

1. Missing box, papers, accessories
  2. Not insignificant wear
  3. Aftermarket parts installed
  4. Rust on the magazine base, magazine release button, sights, and possibly the slide. (hard to tell, photo quality is not very high definition and the rusted parts are not well pictured)
There is a bit of rust but you can get a complete box with all the accessories/manuals minus the actual gun on ebay for like $28

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The cost of fuel and food reducing discretionary spending? Then again is it just Walther brand or just specific models? I haven't followed gun pricing to know if other branded guns are dropping in price.
Well coatings are going up, well not going up, just disappearing, trying to find a TiN BCG for an AR15 that cost $110 a few years ago cost almost $200 now, and that's if its in stock (it's not)

· Registered
3,902 Posts
Prices on several GB listed items have been going through the roof of late.
CDNN has been listing Gemtech 92 threaded barrels for the last few months, some recent auctions have exceeded $600 before tax.

This is from last week......

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
9 Posts
Dude I got my PPQ's for like $350 brand new a few years back when they had the rebate. I buy low and hold! If I sold mine for $400 I'd actually make $50 on it and that never happens, I only ever seem to lose money selling guns.

It seems to be all over the place these days. I've been eyeing Beretta 96 Vertec's and those CHP S&W 4006's which all seem to be selling on GB for $900-1000. It's crazy now.

Not to mention as a buyer on GB, I have to factor in tax, fees, shipping, and transfer to total price, all of which has gone up as well. So that buyer is probably paying around $500 altogether when it's all done.

· Registered
3,902 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts