Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There have been many comments and concerns expressed regarding the "bump" that is felt when hand cycling the slide on a CCP when the striker is cocked. This is normal, there is nothing wrong with your pistol.

When the striker is released, i.e. not cocked, an owner will not feel any bump when retracting the slide. Once the striker is cocked a bump in the rearward movement of the slide will be felt when hand cycling, empty or loaded pistol. This is normal. With a cocked pistol the drop safety lower leg is positioned in front of the striker to prevent it from moving forward should the pistol be dropped. When cycling the slide with the striker cocked the lower shoulder of the drop safety pulls the striker rearward a short distance and then releases it. The striker is then caught by the sear again. This rearward pull against the striker, the drop safety riding up on the right side of the inner frame and subsequent release of the striker is what is felt as the "bump".

The pistol is designed to operate in this manner. M1911

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got mine and love it. But when you say a "bump" mine feels more like an internal snag. And it takes a good bit of force to get it past. Does this sound like what you have experienced or is this something more?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just got mine repaired back from Walther USA. For some reason, the bump is more noticeable and need more force to overcome the bump when I test rack our ccp.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
On my CCP it is easier to rack after it is cocked, except for the little bump, & I am old and very racking conscious. The rack on a CCP is as easy as a PPK 32 or a LC 380. The Ruger LC 380 is the easiest racking 380 made. It is even as easy as a 380 Mustang.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got mine repaired back from Walther USA. For some reason, the bump is more noticeable and need more force to overcome the bump when I test rack our ccp.
I've wondered something. On the recent CCPs I've cycled they seem a bit stiffer. I'm wondering if the striker spring has been beefed up. If so that would increase cycling effort just a bit and make the cocked striker a bit harder to disengage. Meaning....a bit more bump. Para two of the OP explains what is causing the bump. M1911

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Milspec made one of the best observations on the "bump" a while back. You can retract the slide slightly, if you feel the resistance of the bump......you know your pistol is cocked and ready to go he said. No need to even look down at the pistol. M1911

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Just make sure it goes fully into battery after retracting to feel the resistance of the bump to check readiness.

(Frankly, I'd rather look down than risk it not being in battery after retracting the slide, slightly. But that's me... ;) )

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll agree. Anytime I partially retract a slide I push it closed before removing my hand. No slingshotting when partially retracting. M1911

1 - 9 of 9 Posts