Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That little hump in the trigger guard that gives some of us discomfort, I was wondering, has anyone filed it down, and if so, what were the results, and would filing it down weaken the frame?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was told just the other day by a Glock armorer at a shop filing the trigger guard down will not weaken it at all. He said several people had done that to Glocks. I had actually noticed the trigger guard on the new Springfield XD9 sticks out way too much. He said it could just be filed down.
The polymer in the Walther should be the same.
You might want to contact Earl at the Earl's shop mentioned elsewhere on the board and ask him, to make certain.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will call Earl tomorrow. I am not talking about the trigger guard sticking out too much, i am asking about that little HUMP inside the trigger guard.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I thought maybe I was the only one who was bothered by the hump. I have not done anything about it yet, however I've been tempted to tie the trigger back out of the way and, using a 1" by 6" strip of fine sandpaper, pull it back and forth (shoeshine method) across the hump. I don't think I'm brave enough to Dremel this area... maybe you are.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spoke with both Earl and Walther USA (AKA S&W). Both told me that it is fine to sand/dremel down the hump. Doing so would in NO way effect the strength, frame or safety of the pistol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Better yet, sell yours for $500, then buy a 2004 model without the hump for $550. Its worth $50 to have a new gun that won't look like you've been at it with a metal file.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Better yet, sell yours for $500, then buy a 2004 model without the hump for $550. Its worth $50 to have a new gun that won't look like you've been at it with a metal file.
A little time, patience and a slow hand, will do wonders.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts