Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the shop the a while back ago and got my hands on a CCP M2. It like most Walther's it felt great in the hand. I like all the features of the gun. So i watched a bunch of youtube video's on it. One of the complaints i was hearing about was since it has the gas recoil assist the frame gets hot. I was wondering from those who own one how hot does it get and how fast does it get hot? Is it a "its too hot to hold"? Do you have to put a bunch of rounds through it before it heats up significantly?

Thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
First range trip after picking up my CCP M1. I put 8-10 mags through mine at the range. The gas tube was getting warm. Not too hot to touch though.
Second trip and another 100 rounds..pretty much the same results.

Point is.....If you're tossing that many rounds at someone you're using the wrong gun.....

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have a CCP m1 I guess, the first gen. It has been very reliable for me so I consider my self lucky.

That being said if you “mag dump” two of three magazines in a row the frame gets pretty hot in front of the trigger guard. Being polymer it doesn’t transfer the heat through out the frame as metal would so the grip, trigger and guard do not heat up, but the bottom of the frame does. Sometimes people refer to this as the “dust cover”. I like to place the index finger of my support hand in the front of the trigger guard. It can get hot enough to make it uncomfortable and force me to change my grip. As a carry this wouldn’t be an issue but at the range it comes into play.

It is still in my carry rotation along with my PPS m2 and my FNS 9c. That being said the CCP is the most comfortable to hold. The size shape and feel are perfect for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.. It sounds like it would not be a big issue at the range. When i go i take several guns and rotate so it would have some downtime to cool off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.