Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for those with both, tennifer and titanium. Which do you like better?
Are there any advantages for one or the other?
Is wear about the same? or not?

I want a DA/SA P99 but still trying to decide between titanium or tennifer.

Yes I could get one of each, but when I get a second one, I'd like them to be the same.

Thanks for your imput.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I guess that depends on wether you like a black colored slide or a silver colored slide?

It's basically personal preference.

·
Registered
411 Posts
FYI, the "Titanium" slide has the Tenifer teatment.
The "Titanium" slide (AFAIK) is a Tenifer QPQ followed by titanium Nitride finish.
My particular P99 has had both slides on it.
The original black slide had around 25-30k rounds or so when the rear sight dovetail broke out. The slide still looked very nice, no scratches, and only slight polishing at the edges and around the muzzle. The current "Titanium" slide is still fairly new, only a few thousand rounds so far, but it too looks perfect so far.
The "Titanium" slide does show grime a little easier though.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I always thought Titanium Nitride was gold in color. I have a P99 in "Titanium", but I'm not sure exactly what it is. The finish shows no signs of wear at about 3,000 rounds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
According to Walther, the P99 titanium model does not have any tenifer treatment on the slide. I e-mailed them a few days ago and they responded as above. It was unclear in the e-mail if the barrel or any other part has a tenifer treatment, but my guess would be it does (but I won't take the chance--only black models for me).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts