Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen references to the P5SF here and there, what can people tell me about them? Are they based on the standard P5, or the compact?

·
Registered
38 Posts
The L102A1 is a matte, parkerized-type finished P5 Compact.  It was issued to/procured as a personal protection weapon (PPW) for the Royal Ulster Defence Regiment (now merged into the Royal Irish Regiment) and the Royal Ulster Constbulary.  It may also have been issued to some RAF pilots.

I do not agree that it was a "Special Forces" gun, although that is a very widely held belief.  I suspect some plainclothes SAS personnel used them in Northern Ireland, and this may have started the idea.

I have seen some P5C boxes marked L102A1 despite the fact that the guns they belonged to were standard P5C models.

In either form, they are excellent guns, in my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jdw @ Feb. 04 2006,17:16)]The L102A1 is a matte, parkerized-type finished P5 Compact. It was issued to/procured as a personal protection weapon (PPW) for the Royal Ulster Defence Regiment (now merged into the Royal Irish Brigade) and the Royal Irish Constbulary. It may also have been issued to some RAF pilots.

I do not agree that it was a "Special Forces" gun, although that is a very widely held belief. I suspect some plainclothes SAS personnel used them in Northern Ireland, and this may have started the idea.

I have seen some P5C boxes marked L102A1 despite the fact that the guns they belonged to were standard P5C models.

In either form, they are excellent guns, in my opinion.
Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts