Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CDNN closeout
Military green frame, constant pull trigger
all accessories and 2 910 round magazines)

40 S&W. It's on the way. my first walther pistol.

I'm guessing the constant pull trigger is more of a double action only type but any and all info would be a help

also is there a rail adapter allowing the mounting of standard picattiny lights?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

To give more, we'll need more....

Bet your going to like it!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well,
I haven't received it yet. This was the description in the CDNN catalog

It is described as having a "constant action" type of trigger

we'll see when it arrives

·
Registered
310 Posts
Interesting....I hadn't noticed that in the description before. I was going to say that sounds like a QA...but the ad also says "New SA/DA". Sounds like it's the pre-AS model...definitely 2003 or older (based on the hump in the trigger guard). Before the AS model came out, did the trigger have the same amount of travel for every shot?

There is a rail adapter that is available for the older models....not sure what lights it supports, though. Try this older thread here on the forum: http://www.gothammarketing.com/bb....adapter

Hope this helps!
Jim

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info
That thread on the adapter is an old one. Any USA sources for the adapter ?

Also has anyone tried the GG&G adapter for the insite lights? that looks promising.

would love to mount an X200 on a walther.

I guess the only choices are the laser devices

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Did you happen to see a picture of it? Does it have the new picatinny style rail on it or the old Walther style?

The constant trigger pull would suggest that it is a newer AE or AF production, especially if its in a military frame, because I don't know of any other QA trigger military framed P99's, other than the ones I've got. Unless its a P990??

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definatly not a 990

I didn't want a double action only handgun

·
Registered
17 Posts
judging from the layout of page 13 of the current cdnn catalogue, with the DAO (990) and the QA being labelled as such, I can only assume that the other 3 (OD green, black, and black/titanium) would be the A/S trigger style.  I agree that it is somewhat confusing, given that it's not labelled as such, but that's the only assumption I think that is safe to make here.  What does everyone else think about that analysis?  Would be better if they took a picture of the gun facing the opposite way, so we could read the slide.  would take the mystery right out of it!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, I picked it up today
It will fire double action from deckocked, also i can move the slide back slightly to pre cock the gun, then the trigger can be moved slightly to the rear and the gun is in single action mode

serial #422XXX

frame is marked germany, slide says Smith & Wesson but has a proof mark.

Overall a very nice handgun for my first Walther. I can see that the black coating on the slide probably won't be all that durable. If all seems to be ok then I'll get a holster and the GG&G adapter to mount a light.

Won't be able to make it to the range until next week

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations, first of all. Second of all, My p99 in .40 OD green is also a serial 422xxx. Check your date code. should be on right hand side of the polymer frame lower assembly. My guess would be that is says "AD", which makes it a 2003 model. You and I are bretheren (as we all are here). I just mine last week. Hope you mags don't break. If you got 12 rounders with it, you'll be fine. Both of my 10 rounders bust first time out to the range. That was last Friday...today being thursday (for another hour), and I got it back today, with 2 12 rounders. I also have 2 12 rounders coming from Walther America for my misfortune. The customer service can't be beat. Again, congrats!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, mine's an AD (2003)

What lights fit the rail?
?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't know. It says in the manual that it's a "universal accessory rail" universal i guess to them means, universally useless. I don't know what fits. Having trouble finding things that will. I think the BA-5 and BA-6 assemblies will, but I was hoping to get to mount a surefire x200 on it. don't think that will happen now though. suppose i should start paying attention to devices posted that convert walther p99 "universal rail" to picatinny. that would open the doors up quite a bit as far as accessory options. let me know if you find anything like this, or a light/laser that will work OTB.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (madecov @ Mar. 31 2005,10:23)]I can see that the black coating on the slide probably won't be all that durable.
Its a lot more durable then you'd think. It's Tenifer and will survive more abuse (i.e. salt spray, etc) than most handguns.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[b said:
Quote[/b] (P88 @ April 01 2005,1:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (madecov @ Mar. 31 2005,10:23)]I can see that the black coating on the slide probably won't be all that durable.
Its a lot more durable then you'd think. It's Tenifer and will survive more abuse (i.e. salt spray, etc) than most handguns.
I do know what Tennifer is. I'm talking about the Black phosphate or painted coating

is there a way to tell if my slide is german or Smith? it is rollmarked with the Smith name

·
Registered
17 Posts
Look on Slide, and on the polymer lower assembly. Eagle over N = German made. My guess is that it's all German, but since Smith imports them, they get to roll mark the slides...bastards. Good customer service though.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (40CalGuy @ April 01 2005,10:25)]suppose i should start paying attention to devices posted that convert walther p99 "universal rail" to picatinny.  that would open the doors up quite a bit as far as accessory options.  let me know if you find anything like this, or a light/laser that will work OTB.
There are some other threads around here on Umarex adapters for the pre-2004 models. There's also some info on the FAQ page, here: http://www.praxagora.com/lunde/WaltherP99FAQ/IX/13.html

If it's any consolation, the 2004 models with the "true" Picatinny rail are only designed to work with the Streamlight M5 -- not the universally popular M3 or M6. GG&G had to come up with yet another adapter to use with the M3. Sometimes I wonder what pinhead engineers are thinking -- and why knucklehead management lets them get away with it!

Hope this helps,
Jim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts