Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to know if folks here have had experience using the Taylor Freelance magazine extensions. Plus 6 or the newer Plus 12. Or any other mag extension.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have the +4
Had my only misfire in 1000rnds with the first 5 shots of the mag, haven’t had one since, I’m thinking it was unrelated and just a misfire, but I can’t help but feel it had something to do with it, 600 rnds in the mag only happened once.
The +4 uses the stock mag spring, maybe that’s related to why it misfires but again 1 misfire in the 1600 rnds I’ve put into my ppq seems typical I think?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds like a pretty good track record to me! I know the +12 comes with it's own spring, but not sure about the +6. They appear to be well-built, but thought I'd better ask around before I take the plunge. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think anything other than +4 comes with a custom spring, and I’d still wager the misfire was Unrelated and just happen to happen with the first use of this +4, I’ll add I was using winchester bulk bought ammo, which is also a recent change, I usually use .45 hollow point Norma, cause it’s cheap and I carry it for self defense, so it seemed like a good practice with what I carry ammo. Now cause the shortages I’m bulk buying like a crazy person lol

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've got a bunch of +6's. They do come with a new spring. I have had zero malfunctions using them in my Q5SF over the past year. TF has a new "Brass" +6 out now that I just got to try for the wife's Q4SF. It weighs 3.3 oz more than the alu. +6 when installed on a 15 round mag. Noticeable, and no issue with the new USPSA 59oz. weight limit for CO ad Prod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts