Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
That's a personal decision. I haven't used Talon but others have. I have used a grip sleeves on a few other guns including my P99 and P99c which I felt were a bit slick but found the sleeves would work themselves loose and move around at some point. I heard about Talons coming loose as well. I don't use any at this point.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I put Talons or Tractions on every gun that will accept them. I just like the feel of them, pure and simple.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Should I put Talon grip on my PPQ?
It is a personal decision...I put talon grips on my Creed and really liked the result on my grip. I haven't found the need to put them on my PDP...they are easy to put on and easy to remove...I've already replaced the ones on my Creed after I had Walter service it ...

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've had Talon grips and sleeves on my pistols before, and then finally tried skateboard tape that I cut to mimic the Talon, and found the skateboard tape totally locked my hand on. You might think the skateboard tape to be too rough and that it might cause excessive wear to your skin, but I did not find this to be true... even after range sessions of hundreds of rounds.

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDPc 4", PDPc 5", Q5 Match, PPS M2, P22, and a few from lesser brands as well.
351 Posts
Totally up to you. I wasn't a fan of Talon grips until a friend let me try his gun after a USPSA competition. He had a talon grip on it (the sandpaper one). I was surprised at how well it worked. I bought one for my Q5 match the next day. I run that Q5 in limited division and the talon grip (sandpaper, or whatever it's called) keeps my hand locked on but isn't abrasive to skin. It has torn up the inside of my jacket that I wore at the range during the cold months though. So it'll scrape and damage fabric pretty quickly, but not your skin.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Jury's still out for me. My regular PPQ doesn't have anything on it and it seems fine. Last year, I bought a Q4 which came with a set of Talon grips (sandpaper type) which seem fine, but it doesn't seem to have become a thing for me either way. I am thinking about buying a set of the "rubbery" type and try it on the PPQ.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love the Talon grips and have installed them on my Glock 36 and 30, on my H&K P30SK and on my PPS M2. I followed the instructions carefully and thoroughly in installing them and none of them have become loose or sliding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts