Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've asked this before, but still not found the answer I'm looking for. Is there ANYONE out there who has a suppressor height front sight on their Q4 TAC AND a Vortex Venom? And if so, what sight are you using and what height. Some have told me about their Vortex Viper setup or their Deltapoint pro setup or their RMS and I'm not interested in any of those. I just want the front sight to show in the lower third of the red dot sight's window.

·
In Memoriam
15,041 Posts
Hello wing.....you REALLY limit yourself when you aren't interested in a RMR setup that doesn't exactly match your setup. Looks like no one has your setup.

Even though you don't care, I'll leave you with this....see post 3. https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/94650-q5-match-co-witness-irons.html

That's the best I can do. You might wonder how I came up with those sight heights.....I just pulled em outta my ***. But, the work.

I'm thinking you might just have to order a sight (pick a height) from Dawson and just go with it. You'll NEVER know until you try.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imaoldfart, I actually contemplated including in my post a thank you for your information you gave before and ended up not doing it. But please accept my THANK YOU for the previous info you gave which included pictures and links. I know you went to some effort to do that. My intention was not to offend you or anyone. Was just hoping that, with as many people out there who have Q4 TACs and as many people who also have Vortex Venoms, that there might be someone who has actually replaced their front sight with a tall sight in that configuration. As you say, evidently not. I will take yours and others advice and just call Dawson and ask their advice, order one and return it if not to my liking. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy guys,

I found this thread because I’m in the same place as wing35. I’m going to pick up my brand new Walther PPQ tac today. I’m going to put a can on it eventually but in the short term would like the function of co-witnessing the red dot with the front sight as I learn to use the venom.
I found Dawson precision, waiting to call them after doing some measurements. I’d love to avoid a bunch of trial and error. If you find the right height I would love to know the proper height.

Also tracking down the 3mm X 1/2 x 8mm screws to fix the venom to the adapter plate.
Happy shooting!

·
Registered
30 Posts
This was ever really answered (I read this post several weeks ago). Here is what I found.
a fiber optic .410 from Dawson works almost like a shotgun bead. If just the fiber optic is resting on the venom base lined up between the two lines on the base its pretty close.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.