Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did something stupid and detail stripped my PPS prepping it for Cerakote, which I decided against. When putting it back together I ran into major issues trying to get the takedown spring installed correctly. I bent the spring that was in it, called Walther and had them ship me two more. So I have plenty of springs now. :)

I've discovered it's easier to install the spring without the actual trigger mechanism (Subframe? Whatever it's called.) in the polymer frame. I installed the spring, dropped the trigger mechanism in, and reinstalled the pins and takedown lever. The issue is that the takedown lever doesn't want to stay where it should in the upward position because the spring is getting snagged on the trigger mechanism. This is all at pretty tight tolerances and you can't really see it, so I'm not sure if it's an issue with the front of the spring not seating correctly and causing the rear of the spring to scrub where it travels or if there's another issue. The takedown lever will function correctly if I stick a pin in the takedown lever slot and manually engage the spring upwards.

Does anyone have any recommendations for this outside of taking it to a gunsmith? This seems like a relatively simple issue, but I'm at my wits end after over a week of dealing with it. Hopefully my description was accurate enough. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Originally Posted by KJ_duc
Ok so new 'problem'.... I seem to have weakened the spring that gives tension to the take down bar. It holds it in there but without the same firmness. The take down lever can be actuated without pulling the slide back at all now........grrrrrrr :mad:

Looks like I need to order a new one.

I did the same thing on my first update mod. I bent it back but it was not the same, had to ordered part #15 p/n 2686295. Very inexpensive so I ordered two.

Here is from another post, it will save your spring:

Quote:
it is easier to install the slide retainer catch spring into the plastic frame prior to installing the internals. Secure the spring with the retention pin then push down on the spring to get the slide retention catch back into the frame.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How did you mange to stop the spring from catching in the trigger like you described you have no idea how long I've been fighting with this same problem and have only put one mag through this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts