Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I've read mixed stuff about some of these cheaper lights - I can't recall if it was about this specific one..

But, some of the cheaper ones fly off when you shoot, and/or they toggle on and off on their own from the recoil. Personally, I'd save up and buy a decent one.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I agree. You get what you pay for. I purchased a slightly-used Insight X2L on Ebay and had it sent tomy buddy in Fla where I'll be visiting in a coupla weeks. I'm anxious to see how this thing works, seeing as it's only got 40 lumens in light power...

·
Registered
231 Posts
That light will not fit a first generation (prior to 2005) closed rail P99.

Also the second generation P99 has a Smith and Wesson light rail- that means that the notch that runs side to side under the rail is closer to the trigger guard than on a Glock or typical Weaver or 1913 rail. There is a possibility that this light will not lock in to the notch unless it is for the S&W type rail.

I bought a M3 light that fits My Sigs and Beretta PX4 but will not fit the P99 second generation without a special adapter made for the M3 specifically to mount to S&W rails.

You can get a M5 light for about $100-$120 that will bolt right up the second generation P99 and is a better light.

If you buy this one, then you have a very high chance of wasting $40 that could have gone towards a light that fits.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I have an M5 light. I prev owned an M3 light. Honestly - it seems to me to be the exact same light - with the exception that the locking blade is different for the S&W/Walther guns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts