Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
The TRL1 has 4 different plastic keys to make it fit on different guns. There should be a S&W key. If it isn't provided, call them. The P99 uses the same light as the S&W rails that used to be on their 3rd generation series guns.

I used to have an M5 for my P99, but they have long since been discontinued

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I don't recall now if the key came with my TLR1 or if I had to call them, but I've had the Streamlight on my P99 for a couple of years now. The only other manufacturer that makes a light that has a S&W key is Insight, IIRC. I know when I asked Surefire, they made it clear that they did not.

·
Registered
417 Posts
i have one on my glock 19 and it did come with the S&W key that fits my 99's. Also have a PS Systems weapons mounted light kydex leather combo holster that fits the glock and light perfect and is 8/10 times my EDC other 2 being the 99 or 99c. if it is a bedside gun that you are not going to carry with the light mounted all the time, check out the Nebo line of lights. crazy bright, 2-3.0 batts (i use rechargeable Tenergy batts which work for the TLR also) and the nebo has a strobe feature also. no production holsters are made for them so it would have to be a custom, but it locks on to any type of rail solidly, slot type push bar on/off and has a combat bezel so you can poke someone's eye out...plus they are like $40. actually has to be one of the brighter lights i have seen, i own 2 but they are on dedicated house guns.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here's one from Earl's that's a little different.
http://www.carlwalther.com/images/a_p99_fl_mag1a.jpg

That certainly solves the problem of losing black mags at night shoots, but I'd have to have 5 of those lights to go on all my spares :D. On a more serious note though, its definitely an out of the box idea for a light mount. Does anyone want a pic of the TLR-1 on a Desert Tan P99 in the .40 flavor?

·
Registered
24 Posts
l like that threaded barrel. Was that after-market or did your P99 come like that from the factory?

Thanks, I'm kinda partial to it :D Its actually a Jarvis threaded barrel, and is stainless steel. My first choice was the factory threaded Walther barrel, but I bought this one as it was only around 280 instead of close to 400. I'm in process of my paperwork for a form 1 9mm suppressor in titanium (will be my third form) Gotta say I'm very excited about suppressing my P99.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I tried the Nebo Protec but the last generation P99 has a rounded trigger guard and it wouldn't seat all the way. If I wanted to grind it down a little it will fit but I just can't get myself to do it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts