Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

After trying to find what gun to purchase next i stumbled over the p99/sw99, held it, thought great, shot it, thought i need this. I found that Buds gun shop is selling some sw99 show models and emailed them on what trigger type all these were. Only one of them says on the slide SW99 QA, the others don't. The guy responded saying he thought that these were older models and weren't the AS trigger system, obviously the one im after. But wouldn't the older models or first models be the AS trigger? Here is the link to the guns at buds http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/598 any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
pete

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
think i found it

i was looking at the sw99 manual on the s&w's website. It looks as if the SW99 with the AS trigger has a larger decocking button the top rear part of the slide, where as the QA has a much smaller button in the same place and the DA or the sw990/sw990L one has no button.

pete

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
i was looking at the sw99 manual on the s&w's website. It looks as if the SW99 with the AS trigger has a larger decocking button the top rear part of the slide, where as the QA has a much smaller button in the same place and the DA or the sw990/sw990L one has no button.

pete
Yes, that is correct.

I have a SW99 - it is essentially the same as the P99 A/S. And yea, the SW990L is the same as the P99 QA, except with no decocker at all.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Ship are you sure about this.....
I always thought the SW990 was a true DAO only..... not "QA" :confused:

*edit to say that I am not sure if there was a SW99/QA..... I just think that with the SW99 having all the same components that the ones with no decocker are DAO only like the P99/DAO or P990

now if the "L" in SW990L stands for light it might be a Quick action on the SW990L

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
To my knowledge, there is only a SW990L not a 990 AND a 990L - I have never seen a SW990 in the catelog.

But, I dry fired a SW990L at a gun show before - it was just like a QA trigger when I did it. Although, it seemed a tiny bit lighter than the QA trigger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts