Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up an SW99 today. 2004 model and my P99 is a 2018 model, both in 9mm. The triggers are almost identical, but the P99 is a little smoother. Really nice gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I don't think that the SW99 had ever been cleaned, LOL. After I got it all cleaned, I really don't think it has been shot much. Looks almost new now. The trigger smooted out a bunch with a good cleaning and lubing. It amazes me how many folks either don't know how to clean or maintain a gun or just don't even try or care. The case was even covered in dust, but that may have been from the auction house. Anyway I ended up with a really nice gun that I will enjoy shooting.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Lucky good find my friend!!!
Beautiful representation.
I've been eyeing the full size myself.

I love my sw99c. The bell'd barrel unintentionally makes it more "loose" yet reliable and with a good barrel lockup it's still surprisingly accurate.
(Almost free-floating barrel, but I believe Smith & Wesson did that so they could use the same slide with the 9mm and .40, .45 is all over bigger)

Reactions: Jimmo952

·
Registered
205 Posts
I had this one for a while, in .45 ACP. A bit beefier than the 9 mm guns but all the benefits of the P99 AS. I still have a two-tone version (stainless slide). Nifty pistols.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts