Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to Smith & Wesson Customer Service today about anouther topic, but while speaking to them, I asked about the SW99 .45. They said that the first ones are on the way to the dealers in the next two weeks...Grip is slightly larger 9+1 with only two grip inserts.

For all of you out there that have been waiting with baited breath for the SW99/45...The wait is just about over!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd still give S&W/Walther a year to get the bugs worked out B4 I carried one on duty....

·
Registered
178 Posts
The S&W web site shows the new .45 at S&W99 but do you see the size! I love my P99 but it is at the outside limit for concealed carry. This is .41 longer, .6 taller, heavier, and probably wider. Why couldn't they put it inside the same frame? I still can't wait to see it at a dealer though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I spoke with S&W customer service today and was told that the .45 should be out late February or early March along with the compact versions in 9mm and .40. Other specs were 10 and 8 rounds, 3.5" bbl, 6.6" length, 4.5" height, stainless slide over polymer frame. I'm not holding my breath but I do want to see them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts