Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here have a SW99 .45, and if so how's it holding up, and how is the accuracy and reliability?
I'm looking at one as a dedicated nightstand pistol, with either a Surefire or a M3 attached.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Holding up very nicely. Very accurate and utterly reliable. It's my favorite to shoot, but the SW99 .40 Compact is still my favorite to carry.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many rounds so far?
Is the "feel" similar to a P99, as far as pointability, and controls?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yep.  It's no different.  You'll notice some extra heft with a full mag of 230gr ammo, but it's just as ergonomic and the controls and trigger are no different.  The recoil impulse feels different, but the .45 round is very different than a .40 and even further from a 9mm.

I don't have huge hands, but they're not petite, either.  I like the feel of the slightly larger .45 grip.

I've put about 500 rounds through it in the last couple of months.  I've got a bunch of ammo burning a hole in my pocket, but haven't had time to go to the range.  I'm just trying to decompress by checking out the forums after a 15+ hour day at work.  It's only Wednesday and I've got about 40 hours in this week.  Too bad I'm on salary.;-)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Pretty good price. No interest in the sale, just passing it along.

James

SW99 .45 for $400!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have one but it is really too big for my small hands. It looks nice, shoots nice and is well thought out. Just not for me.
I will probably sell or trade it for a 99 compact in either 9MM or .40S&W cal. next year.
Yes it would make a perfect night stand gun for someone who could handle it. The light rail is there for an attached flashlight. The caliber, capacity and reliability are as good as it gets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts