Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just purchased a SW99 in .45 cal and I was curious if anyone can shed some light on if any parts between that pistol and the PPQ 45 are interchangeable like the 9mm variants are.

I had a hard time finding comparison for all the dimensions, but they seem to be similar...

Backstraps? Slides? I saw one post in my forum search that suggested the recoil slide assembly might/might not work despite being a bit different.

I'm guessing magazines are out due to the paddle vs button release.

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket magazines with more than 9 rounds (or any aftermarket mags at all, I couldn't seem to find any).

Someone please tell me I can modify a PPQ 45 12 rd magazine into this SW99 45 or otherwise find something to fill my desire for CAPACITY. Obviously some cuts would need to be made, but will it even fit in the first place?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase, it's a great gun.
I don't know if any parts from the PPQ will fit the SW99.

If you're looking for extra magazines try contacting Smith and Wesson. When I bought mine a couple years ago I had to replace a missing rear sight and plunger, surprisingly they had parts still available for it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,551 Posts
To answer your questions, nope, nope and nope. Oh, and nope.

The SW99 45 is a physically larger gun (frame/slide) than the 9mm/40 versions. NO parts of ANY PPQ are going to work in the SW99 45, other than maybe the sights.

You're stuck with the factory 9 round mags too....NOTHING else even comes close.

Enjoy the SW99 45 for what it is. A nice slim 45 that allows me to comfortably conceal carry IWB.

Here's mine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've had two. I did contact S&W to see if they had a Recoil Spring Assembly (RSA) "for a firearm [they] no longer manufactured." I got one in three days, no charge. Give it a try...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had two. I did contact S&W to see if they had a Recoil Spring Assembly (RSA) "for a firearm [they] no longer manufactured." I got one in three days, no charge. Give it a try...

schucks... I gave them a call two weeks ago and they told me, "Sure, we will send one out no problem" without even asking about a serial number. Just name, address etc. Two weeks go by and I don't see anything come in the mail so I give them a call... "What's your order number"... well they didn't give me one over the phone and then come to find out nothing under my name or phone number either.

So I start from the beginning... and the told me that they don't really have any parts available for the item at all, including the RSA.

Out of curiosity, how long ago was it you called S&W?

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts

I just did, right after reading this post. The response is that they no longer carry that part.

Go figure.

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
iaof you ever tried to put a ppq45 barrel in one of these? (im thinking threaded...)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts