Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the occasional one on gunbroker, and have looked locally for over a year... I was running around with a buddy the other day and hear "holy crap!!" My bud spied it in the back of a display case in a pawn shop in a small town in Missouri... I ended up with it, and it's my EDC now....

Do we know how many of these were made?? I feel like it can't be many, but they do pop up. I can say that i've been bitten by the p99 bug, I have one in 9, 40 and now this 45.... I don't know if they are held close because we like them, or there are just not many to be had....

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I had one. I should have never sold it. If was a good gun. Never gave me a problem and was fun to shoot.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The SW99-45 is my nightstand gun. 9+1 of 230gr .45 ACP within arms reach helps me sleep better at night.

Found mine on gunbroker. Didn't even pay very much for it. Pre-pandemic they could be found pretty regularly for about 300-500. These days there don't seem to be too many people selling anymore.

Very nifty. I love that it has both the S&W and Walther logos on it. Runs like a champ. I really like that it has front sight serrations and just generally is a very sexy pistol.

One downside, neither Walther nor S&W were very helpful when I tried to find a replacement recoil spring assembly for the SW99-45. I ended up finding a few for sale on e-bay and bought them up (along with a replacement slide/parts kit).

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have one and like it very much. Got it very reasonable on gun broker. At that time, 2014, I did get a free recoil spring assy from S&W. The plastic had a small chip but still worked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one. It's a pretty good gun. I wish it had a higher capacity, but that's about my only complaint. It's currently my by-the-door gun with a Streamlight mounted on the rail.

Question for the other SW99 owners: Do you find the trigger reset to be different than the P99? The reset on my SW99 is undetectable. There's no "click" when the trigger resets. It always resets, no matter how fast I run it, but there's no feedback on it. You just have to trust it. Is this just my gun, or do you folks notice the same thing?

·
Premium Member
14,304 Posts
Now this is a timely post. Anymore, I just open carry....everywhere. However, yesterday, I had a need to carry concealed...no, I wasn't going to the court house or the Federal building. But, which pistol did I grab for concealed carry? My SW99 45. I use a home made IWB holster and a larger t-shirt, heck, I must look like Twiggy wearing a pup tent....I can hide anything under there. Its the long (front to back) flat sided grip that aids in concealing right up against my rig cage.

But to respond to your questing, I just went back and grabbed the ole SW99, removed the mag, ejected the round in the chamber.....checked the reset....'CLICK'....yeah, just like it should....nice and tactile as well as loud.

The gun I carried yesterday is top left in the photo in post 4. Now, I'm wishing I had All those pistols back.....but like a dummy, I sold em'. 😢

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I hate posts like this... I have 4 P99s, 9, 357, and 40 plus a C in 9 but no 45.........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts