Walther Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my SW PPK as my carry gun. However, the stock grips are to slick for me. Has anybody had any good luck with Houge or others, grip tape etc...? Thanks for your help and suggestions!

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I know Hogue makes grips...
they have rubber and excotic wood ones... though it doesn't say if they are for the Walther/Interarms  or Walther/S&W ones

hogue,PPK grips

but here is the link... call them

·
Registered
178 Posts
windowman2 Welcome to the Walther Forum..
The Grips that Hogue Sells will not follow the contour of the frames on the S&W manufactured PPK/Ss..
But They will fit with a bit of trimming & sanding..
If Your Lookin for a good grip on the PPK/S I may have the answer, They don't look as good as custom checkered Wood but they are available & are quite rare nowdays as Farrar is out of Buisiness..
Farrar Rubber Grip For Sale $20 Shipped
I will have to say that I realy love the Wood Hogue on my Walther, But as they come they don't fit that well, Also note that I recontoured the frame to match the grips, This was alot of work..
Hogue Grips on S&W PPK/S
Frame Re-Contour
If your after a better grip I don't think you can go wrong with the set of Farrar's that I have in my storage bin..
They don't use grip screws, You slightly oil the frame first & stretch them on slowly once over the frame cutouts they magicaly pop into place..They are a bit of a pain to install & remove but they are top quality & are much nicer than the Pachmayr's IMO..
Let me know if your interested..
Follow the links I've provided & decide..
Also Note:That Hogue Doesn't make Rubber Grips for the Walthers, Only Wood.. & That my Silver/Black Wood Grips were Custom Made & sold on thier Auction Site, They Haven't had another set as of late, I've been watchin..
B92 [email protected]

·
Registered
178 Posts
windowwman2 If you have a PPK The Farrar won't fit..
I read that after posting..
They will fit the PP & PPK/S..
If you want wood for the PPK, I would contact Hogue First to make sure they'll fit, I don't think they will..

Thanks Again
B92

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I seen a pic of a PPK/s over on the Glocktalk/Walther forum
To me it looked like a S&W PPK/s with some nice wood grips that came from here

Eagle Grips

they list the PPK also .... so you might wanna call them too and ask them about their fitting of grips on the S&W PPK

·
Registered
32 Posts

I got these from eaglegrips.com -- I have used them a couple of times and they have always done a great job!! These are for a S & W version.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Since they are Eagle grips I would say it is the "EBONY"

look at the link in the previous post, before the pic.... I was actually reffering to that PPK/s....I seen that pic on Glocktalk-Waltherforum
and there is also a link to the Company

·
Registered
178 Posts
On The PP & PPK/S they use standard grip panels & on the PPK the grip is actually the backstrap.
I'd Call the supplier just to verify that they'll fit the newer S&W manufactured frames with the extended beavertail..
And I love the Ebony Grips, Ebony is used on High End Gibson Les Paul Customs as the fretboard wood, Very Smooth & Fast!! Gotta love that!!
Here's My Fancy Laminate Silver Black Hogue Checkered Grips same pic as my Avatar

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
While we're posting pretty wood pictures, I'll post the set I made for my PPK/S-1.

These aren't what Windowman was looking for though. I do recal a thread about "dermagrips" a few back that might be helpful.

·
Registered
178 Posts
MLB Those are the sweetest looking PPK/S Grips I've ever seen..
How long did it take you to make em?
I'd guess way too many hours.
I love the finger scollops & the way they match up with the frame in the front & back..& the Tiger Striped Wood
SWEET!!
I must have missed the "DermaGrip" post
windowman2 the Farrar are still available if your interested, They feel good & realy give a good grip but aren't too tacky as to snag on clothes etc.
Let Me Know!!
Gary/B92 [email protected]

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Thanks B92. I'm not really sure how long it took. I'm not a professional woodworker so I work slowly. Just a bandsaw, a dremmel, and a bunch of hours. It was fun working on them, but I'd never be able to make them fast enough to be profitable.

I was going to get the Hogues, but they stopped short of the backstrap, and cost a bunch. I figured that for $5 in wood, $5 for a set of grip screws and bushings, I could screw it up and be not too far behind.

BTW, the dermagrip thread was in the P99 area. I had them confused.

·
Registered
32 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (zonadrill @ Mar. 21 2006,2:37)]bulboy:  I really like the way those grips look.  What material is the wood made from?
Eagle grips calls them "Ebony"

Uncut had it right! I really like the looks and the feel of them.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
They look great on the SS frame...
wonder if they make them for the German PP's and how they would look on the blued PP..... making it almost all black
I keep getting more and more grips for the PP and still don't have it.... got 3 pairs no and no PP

·
Registered
43 Posts
I liked bullboy's grips so much I ordered a pair from Eagle grips. They arrived today. They look great and fill out the grip to fit my hand better. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.