Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Walther P99 .40S&W

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
I have both the S&W and Walther P99c

I find that the finish on the barrel of the S&W is wearing less than on the Walther - I know all guns have some wear where the barrel meets the slide, but w/ the same number of rounds, the S&W is holding up better.

Also, the thumb rest is a bit different on the S&W99 - it feels more compfortable to me.

That being said, the slide on the Walther looks cooler :p

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Well, I will admit that I really wanted an OD green Walther. But I never could find one in person (I won't spend money on a gun w/o seeing it - I've already had enough issues when buying when I DO see the gun).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YOU HAVE 3!!! Man! 1 for every color?
So ShipWreck, you have 2 P99s. 1 SW99C and the 1 P99C? What caliber are they in? 9mm? Are those guns on your signature the guns you currently own? By the way... I voted Walther P99 .40S&W!!!
-_-

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Yes, they are both 9mm, and it is what's in the signature... Right now, I only own 9mm. I have owned .45s before, but they get expensive to shoot.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot for all the votes. I don't like .45ACP. I think its too big. I like .40S&W. Thats probably the "biggest" caliber I like. I'm going to go shoot my Rossie Stainless Steel .38 Special with a 4" barrel tomorrow. I have about 5 speedloaders for it. My dad has about 9 speedloaders for his 3 revolvers. He is a BIG believer in revolvers. I am a big believer in Walthers. Anyways, thanks for all the votes ya'll.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (PPK/S Guy @ Nov. 23 2005,19:02)]Eh... I don't really like the 1911.
Have you ever really shot one on more than 1 occassion.

I gotta say that no other gun feels as good in my hand. And, they are tack drivers - I love the single action pull - straight back...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya see... I don't like the 1911. There for, I don't want to shoot it. I like the maker, Colt, mainly because of the M4 Commando.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i love shooting 1911's. they are great handling and feeling pistols. i just don't like the operating system for carry or defensive use. i don't like a manual safety, carrying 'cocked and unlocked' is insanity and they aren't the easiest carry because of their size and weight. it's also not a cheap range round.

the terminal ballistic performance of .45acp can be equaled in a much smaller cartridge as well, which gives a pistol much more capacity. would i want 7-8 rounds of .45acp or 15+ of 9mm +p? that's a no-brainer for me. i can also deliver 9mm rounds accurately on target faster than i can with a .45.

i will own a 1911 when i can afford toys, but right now, all of my pistol purchases must be capable of being 'working' pistols. if i can't reasonably carry it, it's just a toy, and i can't afford toys right now.

i'm not saying 1911's or .45acp are bad, they're just not my cup of tea.

frye

·
Registered
821 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShipWreck @ Nov. 25 2005,17:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (PPK/S Guy @ Nov. 25 2005,11:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShipWreck @ Nov. 24 2005,10:45)]So, U don't like it and never tried it, or tried it and don't like it?
Don't like it and never tried it.
U have no idea what you are missing...
Shipwreck has it right, in my opinion!

There's nothing quite like a well made 1911.  They are easier to shoot, and a heck of a lot more fun than any other gun I own.  

Don't get my wrong, I love my Walthers, but DANG, the 1911 really is something else.  PPK/s Guy, once you've actually tried one, you'll be IN LOVE!

-stunks

1 - 20 of 32 Posts