Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back I bought, on sale, 4 SW99c 40 cal magazines from CDNN. They were advertised as working with the P99c. These came with red followers. Maybe I was unlucky but none of them worked properly. The slide did not lock back after the last round and the magazine was hard to remove when empty.

I called Walther America and was told that the SW magazines are not interchangeable with the Walther magazines. I have not had any problems with the original magazines.

Walther America customer service is taking care of me.

File this as FYI.

Regards,
EddieZ
Austin, TX

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thats odd. I have 2 SW99 Mags for my P99c 40. cal, I have not any any issues yet,, Maybe the mags are defective, As for the slide not locking after last round try pulling mag apart and stretch the spring a little.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you stretch those springs, they're going to me toast.

If you want new springs, buy some Wolf springs. It's not like they're expensive. Or better yet, if they're defective, call S&W and they'll probably give you new ones or fix the old ones.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update. Customer service sent me a new Walther magazine to try. Same problems. I called again today and was told the one they sent was the newest batch of magazines.

I took the original magazines apart, the new one and the S&W magazines and did a close inspection. The only difference I can find is that the spring, closest to the follower is bent at a sharper angle.

This seems to cause the follower to get jammed up in the groove.

Gun and problem magazines go back to Walther for inspection.

Sigh...

EddieZ
Austin, TX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts