Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a Silencerco Spectre II on a P22QD? If so, any problems you've encountered? Ammunition issues? Better suppressor to run than the Spectre?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,825 Posts
Somewhere there are suppressor tests....I don't know of any links off hand. I have the SS Sparrow and it works well...caught it on sale for $250. It has a first round pop that is considerably louder than the follow up shots if you are using high velocity ammo. With CCI quiets it is quiet but will not come close to cycling the slide. 710 fps. Aquila CB things make no nose at all and probably don't even move the slide...but they fly out fast enough to hurt something. 20gr, a pretty light load. 510 fps. All are below ear damaging loud including first round pop. But if you are shooting in a neighborhood the high velocity rounds are easily identifiable as gun shots to me. The quiet rounds...you wouldn't hear them at 100 yds. Sorry, this is for the Sparrow but SilencerCo makes good stuff as far as I know. I'd say post your results but....that will be a minimum of 9 months down the road. I haven't tried the thing with water to suppress the first round pop. 1917

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll just find out first hand. Definitely will report my findings.

Tried to send you a PM, but it seems that your mailbox is full. Probably not a surprise all things considered.

·
Registered
9,825 Posts
Yeah, it probably is. I have to clean that sucker out every day or two. There are a lot of videos of suppressor comparisons but unless you have a Db recording machine you can't really tell much. There are some sites somewhere where velocity and db have been recorded for a lot of suppressors in various calibers and on various firearms. 1917

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't put a lot of faith in testing, especially from the "factory". Humans can discern about a three db change. Most quality suppressors are fairly close in performance db wise and fall in or close to that. IMO, unless you can test at the same time, temp, humidity, ammo, etc, etc, you will get enough differences that invalidates any "absolute" numbers. Much rather have real world feedback, even if it is subjective. There are other "factors" such as frequency that play into the overall perception of sound reduction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts