Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks:

I just de-california-ed my P22 CA and put the barrel adapter on for my suppressor. It is a bit taller than the sights. Are there supressor height sights for the P22? I shopped around and couldn't find any.

·
Registered
9,907 Posts
Not really. There are no aftermarket rear sights nor is the rear sight adjustable for elevation. The pistol comes with three different height front blades and there are some aftermarket front sights that can be fitted. Of course if you kick up the front blade only then your pistol might shoot low. The stock sights on mine can be aligned over the top of the suppressor...but barely. Since the P22 has come with a threaded barrel since day one. Raising the rear sight and front blades a bit would have been a good idea for those who add a suppressor.

In the past I have added JB Weld to the rear sight and made a peep sight or to cut my own rear aperture...that might be an option also. I think Crete added a taller metal post to the rear of his front blade...but he did that to make a better sight for target purposes at 25M. 1917

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to Walther. They confirmed that there are no suppressor height sights.

·
Registered
9,907 Posts
I have a Silencer Co SS Sparrow and the diameter of the suppressor is small enough to use the top of the sights. But, top of them only and of course...that is the part you use anyway. 1917

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Silencer Co SS Sparrow and the diameter of the suppressor is small enough to use the top of the sights. But, top of them only and of course...that is the part you use anyway. 1917
Thanks for the info. My Griffin Armament Optimus is a big can because it is rated for everything from 22LR to 300 Win Mag. It cost nearly $1,000 and fits my other suppressor hosts just fine, so I'm not planning on getting another one. Here it is on my Ruger 22/45 Lite Mark IV.

·
Registered
9,907 Posts
That is a good suppressor and one that can be used for a variety of ammo. You pay for that in the diameter which is 1.375" while .22 suppressors typically come in at around 1". I caught the Sparrow on sale from KY Gun co for $245. I think it is rated for full auto .22 but not .223 and larger calibers. That .22/45 lite should have you covered for a lightweight .22 pistol. 1917

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a good suppressor and one that can be used for a variety of ammo. You pay for that in the diameter which is 1.375" while .22 suppressors typically come in at around 1". I caught the Sparrow on sale from KY Gun co for $245. I think it is rated for full auto .22 but not .223 and larger calibers. That .22/45 lite should have you covered for a lightweight .22 pistol. 1917
It works well in many calibers. It has an extension to use to rifle configurations. So far, I’ve shot it using 22LR on the Ruger, 9mm on my Sig Sauer P320C, and 300 AAC on my home made AR pistol. Some day I might get a Ruger 10/22 with a threaded barrel for some quiet rifle plinking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts