Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in picking up a suppressor for a 9mm PPQ. Who makes a good suppressor? Also, I don't have the threaded barrel, so how do I attach it?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Gorilla glue and duct tape, it that won't keep it on, nothing will.

Seriously, you need a threaded barrel, which are available aftermarket.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
All good suggestions, particularly the gorilla glue- that stuff is STRONG!

Before investing in any barrel or suppresser, I would honestly look into the laws first. I was considering the same but being a current resident of Illinois, my research tells me I am not allowed (go figure) to have one.

I don't have the exact source, but there may have been some other states that had a similar philosophy. I'm looking at you, California.

Honestly, I would do some research before jumping into this one-- not only in terms of legalities, finances, but also ask why you want a suppresser, and what hardware is actually required to make it happen.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Boogs, if we were allowed to have one in IL I would turn my basement into a shooting range.:cool:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I did it the other way around and got a regular length Jarvis barrel for my PPQ FE. They also cooked me up an extended and threaded barrel for my P99C. There is certainly no loss of accuracy with the Jarvis barrel, that's for sure.

The only drawbacks (and they are very small) are the slight machining marks on the Jarvis product compared to the factory barrel, and of course they are just blued and not covered with Nonobtainium or whatever that stuff it is Walther finishes their barrels with.

I would recommend the Jarvis product wholeheartedly. You should also know they seem to have a schedule of first producing a lot of barrels of uniform, long length, then chopping them and threading them at one time to order, so you have to wait for that cycle.

As far as brands of suppressors, I've always liked Gemtech products and cannot recommend AWC since I had a bad experience with them (like shooting a can for the first time and suddenly realizing all you have left on the end of the barrel is the rear cap and the rest of it has departed into the woods). There are a ton of suppressor makers these days, though, so my information on the subject is somewhat dated.

·
Registered
159 Posts
There are a ton of suppressor makers these days, though, so my information on the subject is somewhat dated.
+1 on Jarvis barrels, if you don't mind paying for it!

Gemtech is OK, but they haven't had a lick of innovation since 08 or 09 or so. I could ONLY recommend Silencerco's Osprey, SWR's Octane, or AAC's TiRant right now.

The Osprey and Octane share pistons if that's of any interest to you for a 9mm and a 45can. The TiRant is a solid buy, but ONLY if you can get one in stock!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Before investing in any barrel or suppresser, I would honestly look into the laws first. I was considering the same but being a current resident of Illinois, my research tells me I am not allowed (go figure) to have one.

I'm in Tennessee, so as far as I know, there aren't any additional restrictions to ownership, aside from the federal ones. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@TANFOGLIO, I noticed you had a Walther-branded suppressor in one of your pictures. I remembered seeing that, along with a threaded barrel, being sold for the PPQ on Walther's website, but I can't find it on there anymore. Do you know what's up with that?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Walther do only here Banner on :)
Thanks for sharing bud! Looks amazing! What light do you have mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts