Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much blowback can one expect while shooting suppressed with a red dot optic?

I understand there are lots of variables such as firearm, ammunition, and suppressor, but what is reasonable to expect before having to clean the optic sight?

10rds, 50rds, more???

Considering Griffin Revo or Rugged Obsidian for now.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Are we talking on a long gun or a handgun? I have been to days long classes with a suppressed long gun and never once had to wipe off the lens of my red dots. Never use a red dot on my handguns so a tad out of my element but I find that the can and the guns' internals really seem to get the brunt of carbon and dirtiness when shooting suppressed.

Rifle ---> never to thousands of rounds ...................... Handguns ----------------> at least a long shooting session if not more.

PS: I clean everything on my guns after the training or the shooting session is done. This includes the optics ................. just be gentle with the glass.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Forgot to say, "Way more than 50." Hundreds at the very minimum would be my experience. Just not really much to be concerned about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, handgun (posted in ppq forum).
Ok, thanks. I found a nearby range that says they rent suppressors. Will try before I buy.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yes, handgun (posted in ppq forum).
Ok, thanks. I found a nearby range that says they rent suppressors. Will try before I buy.
Gosh if they let you try it for free, it would be like the best drug dealer around... First one is free to get you hooked hahahah.

You are going to most likely like it... I have shot both long guns and pistols with cans on them, and there is just a certain euphoria when shooting suppressed that you don't get otherwise. Recoil reduced, noise signature is lower, some say groups tighten up, but point of impact MAY change. Benefits really outweigh issues on most accounts in my eyes.
Definitely give it a try, and enjoy it. Will make you really want to go through the red tape nightmare even faster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts