Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Nope I have not.... there was just recently a member looking for a long barrel... not to suppress, but for Canada since they can not shoot anything that has not a certain length barrel.....
the only way to suppress a P5 would be a longer barrel... and there was not many of them.....unless they can make a adaptor like they do for the P9S where they turn down the barrel for a adaptor, but I doubt the P5 barrel is thick enough for that. The other thing that would suck on a suppressed P5 is the front sight... since it is fixed frame mounted there is no way to put higher sights on it....
the long barrel P5 by facotry had the sights on the barrel and not the frame like the other P5's

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had a friend extend and thread the barrel on a 9mm P-5. He had to fixture the barrel, slightly turn down the little stub sticking out, and weld on an extension that he faced and threaded 1/2-28. Once refinished, it looks factory. I built a can for it based on our Phantom. It's about 7 1/4 inches long by 1 1/4 diameter. The can does occlude the sights, but if you shoot a bit, you can learn to "sight through" the silencer and shoot with surprising accuracy. I'll try to take some pics of it this week.

Mike Smith
Advanced Armament Corp.
www.advanced-armament.com
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
:eek: :eek:
that .22 conversion.... holy smokes...
are both of these Mike's ??

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Cool......
I wasn't sure if it was the same gun as one can't see the 4 pointed star on the first pic nor can I see the #'s of the serial. But I thought it might be since it is a Uhl conversion
One day I will have one too :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for the pic Para! I was looking for one over on SF to post a link. The can still lives on that P5, but it now sports a set of Nills. The Uhl kit lives on the lower half of a non import marked P5. I highly recommend the Uhl kit if you can score one.

I now have to do something about how noisy my P-38 .22 is!

Mike Smith
Advanced Armament Corp.
[email protected]

PS: Para, I've got a a red copy of Hoffschmidt for you.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
The Uhl kit is a German training kit for the Police.....
They are no longer made... and who or how many came to the US I have no idea...

So they are different P5's then :p

·
Registered
102 Posts
They were the same P-5 when the pics were taken, they are different P-5's now. I've pretty well dedicated the Uhl kit to the receiver of the non-import marked P-5. There is a small, round, urethane buffer that has to be inserted into the circular cutout at the rear of one of the recoil spring channels to provide additional tension on one of the recoil springs for the Uhl kit. This makes switching the kit back and forth on one frame a bit of a pain. So I now have a complete suppressed .22 P-5 and a suppressed 9mm P-5.

The P-5 9mm with the can shoots like a dream, nice and soft and quiet with 147 grain ammo. The Uhl kit is actually gas operated. A port in the bore just ahead of the chamber taps a small portion of gas into a cylinder where the gas pushes on a piston attached to the slide. The amount of gas tapped off can be adjusted via a set screw/valve on top of the barrel. The P-5 with Uhl kit is louder than, say, a Beretta 87 or PPK/S .22, but it is such a cool and unusual package, I can easily forgive a little extra sound.

Mike Smith
Advanced Armament Corp.
[email protected]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thank you for sharing, Mike, your P5s are pretty impressive, so as the tools on your site.

L.

·
Registered
118 Posts
TROS

is a first rate operation. Mark is a wonderfully helpful man. He will work with you to make sure you get what you want.

If I was still in the market for a suppressor he would be the only person I would buy it from.

I live nearby and he invited me to go out to his shop with my weapon and try out different setups to make sure I was getting what I wanted.

2 thumbs up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts