Walther Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an interesting experience today at the range. I usually visit my local indoor range at a day and time that I know it will not be too crowded. I shoot there every week and I know the owner fairly well. But today was different, it was quite crowded. And what made it even more interesting is that most of the guys shooting were all sporting suppressed weapons. One was a M169, a Sig P229 and a Walther P22. Full auto at our indoor range is not uncommon but all with suppressors is so, I was curious and as you would guess they let me shoot a few rounds. Needless to say it was a lot of fun. Another guy had a fully tricked out Beretta Storm and I must say that it was a sweet shooter too. The suppressed P22 was really nice. When it was fired it sounded like a pellet pistol. In fact without ear plugs the bullet striking the paper target made more noise than firing the gun. After shooting today I am now in the mood for a suppressed handgun and a Beretta Storm-carbine.

And what made it all the more interesting is that they were Secret Service agents.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Lunde has a Px4Storm... and he says somethig to the effect that his Px4 shoots almost nicer than his P2000 or the Walther P99......
he had his decocker/safty changed to "stealth" decocker only...... I guess there is either no imports of the decock only version or it hasn't hit the streets yet... all the ones I have seen so far had decock/safty (look at pics on his Wallpaper page)
anyhow that slim decocker on his Px4 is really nice

As of the Cx4Storm.. that will be my next rifel to buy.. it's sweet... plus there is the model Cx4Px4 that will take the Px4 magazines... so you got 17 rounds for a 9mm and 14 for the .40S&W....

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Suppressed weapons are really enjoyable, if you live in one of the 30+ states which allow them AND your local CLEO will sign off on your Form 4 for you.

Regarding price, they are pretty affordable, unlike the other Class III weapons that are very highly priced now due to the economics of the otherwise gun-owner friendly Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 which made MG's manufactured after that date off limit to civilians, thus restricting the supply and constantly forcing up prices on so-called "transferable" to us mere mortals.

Great primer on Suppressors (and a company with some great products, of which I own several) can be found here:

http://www.advanced-armament.com/owners.asp

Regards,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Now the big question is
what would you do for instance if you get some suppressed firearms and then get told to move (military)
I mean.... sell them.... storage .... lock it up and not tell anybody .....
I just don't want to spend work and money on something I can't own in another state..... I have a hard enough time with my handguns..... since even those are getting restricted in some states......

·
Registered
86 Posts
Any of the above, you can store them at a friends house but he or she can not have a key or comb to the lock, only you can have access to the safe. Better be a darn good friend in my opinion. I expect you can transfer them to another Class Three state but I expect you would have to get all the sign offs again.

Rockets Out.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.