Walther Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made in Turkey by a world famous ISO 9000 Certified Arms Manufacturer... The company makes all kinds of Go To War stuff... Helicopters, advanced avionics, etc... This 3rd iteration goes back to the original DA/SA configuration, keeps all the improvements of the 2nd SA only iteration, & then improves upon the 1st two versions by shortening the barrel by a half an inch, even better trigger system with even shorter reset, etc...

I am not easily impressed, but this is the real deal, @ a fantastic price. This P99 Clone is an excellent duty, home defense, range weapon etc... & it comes with 2 18 round mags, holster, cleaning brush & rod, mag loader, nice manual in English & more goodies all in a nicely presented good quality case.

This has moved into my #1 next purchase position. Yeager has a review on YouTube. Buy now, think later... Order now. Classic has it in stock now for $339.99

https://www.classicfirearms.com/tp9...il&utm_term=0_afe48e03d8-66e7bf932e-239406761

J&G will have it sometime soon, you can backorder from them for $329.99 now if you don't mind waiting.

Canik55 TP9 V2 Semi Auto Pistol, 9mm, Black, Adjustable Sights, Decocker, New. (Coming Soon)

Product Specs
Century SKU:HG3352-N

UPC:787450269453

Description: TP9v2 Pistol by CENTURY ARMS

Caliber: 9mm Luger Capacity:18+1 rds.

Frame: Polymer

Barrel: 4.10"

Overall: 7.17"

Weight: 1.74 lbs. unloaded

Single Action / Double Action*

License Requirement FFL
Manufacturer Canik55
Mfg. Part Number HG3352-N
Caliber/Gauge 9mm

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
The topic has come up before. Not everyone is as enamored of the Canik model.

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p99/23588-p99-clone-canik-55-tp-9-a.html

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/walther-general-discussions/41277-ppx-canik.html

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/free-range-time/38716-new-canik-55-tp9.html

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p99/37423-canik-55-tp-9-a.html

Similar threads are available through a search.

I would gladly pay a couple of hundred more (less than that for a used model) and get the real thing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are incorrect sir.

The topic has come up before. Not everyone is as enamored of the Canik model. Similar threads are available through a search. I would gladly pay a couple of hundred more (less than that for a used model) and get the real thing.

Please don't jump to conclusions. I did a search BEFORE I posted the thread today about The NEW 3rd iteration in the TP9 Series. I could not find one single post on the NEW just released TP9v2 pistol. It is much improved over the previous 2 versions. Every link you posted referenced either the original TP9 or the 2nd iteration in the SA only version. You are showing your bias by not even getting your facts correct.

Check out the information, try to be objective, & don't assume every post is the same as before, did you read my post? I understand that some people are not capable of impartial judgements, & that's ok, but giving false information is doing a disservice to the Members of the Forum who come here to learn, be enlightened, & to gain knowledge. After considerable research this NEW 3rd iteration, IMHO, will be widely recognized as one of the best bangs for your buck in a Go To War quality pistol available ANYWHERE.

Let Liberty Reign :D

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
I actually handled one of the SA versions when I was in my favorite LGS....it was certainly no worse than any other 9mm, equal to many, and better built than a lot.

I'd have bought it at the time but I was really looking for a P99c.

I'd probably buy one now, but I want one that has mag commonality with the existing guns I have, and I want to be able to feel it up like it's my wife. Can't do that online. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The AWESOME Canik 55 TP9v2 ROCKS!!!

2nd iteration SA only TP9...it was certainly no worse than any other 9mm, equal to many, and better built than a lot. I'd have bought it at the time but I was really looking for a P99c. I'd probably buy one now, but I want one that has mag commonality with the existing guns I have, and I want to be able to feel it up like it's my wife. Can't do that online. :D
It is VERY EARLY ON in it's release life, a few weeks is all for the TP9v2... The TP9 Series is in duty use daily all over the place in & around the former Ottoman empire... The 1st 2 versions each lacked in areas, enough for me to hold off, but that is no longer true. SYS, the company that manufacturers The TP9 Series operates the 6th highest ranked weapons manufacturing facility in the world & is ISO 9000 certified & has been for years. Most don't do appropriate research to really understand the unbiased facts. SYS don't make junk, but it took them 3 times to darn near perfect this pistol.

2nd Strike ability included, which is IMPORTANT to me, DA/SA, ambi decocker, round in chamber warning, red dot on back when striker is ready 2 go bang, etc... You cannot find a better Go To War, deadly accurate pistol, with a sweeter trigger, in the Sub $400 price range, PERIOD. You can buy one for $330 or $340 right now & it comes with a whole Suite of amenities & tools in a clever presentation.

Being a trained Economist, data, facts, trends, & statistics rule my world & bleed into all aspects of who I am. I love an excellent value / bang for your buck. Remember what a Springfield XDM used to be? A Croatian military pistol at around the same kind of value that this TP9v2 is now... Springfield buys the company or the rights or something & starts making them stateside & BAM... The price doubled almost overnight!!! This Canik TP9v2 is really that good, her curves excite while her firmness refreshens the senses & heightens them.

Now, what I really want now, more than anything is a P99cAS... But that is gonna have 2 wait now, due to this new 3rd iteration Canik 55 TP9v2. Gonna get a black one 1st & then 1 of every color! I can't resist the value, abilities, & quality. Heck, I'm gonna buy some as gifts for my Glock loving Law Enforcement buddies... The Canik TP9v2 puts many Glocks to shame.

I love my Walther PPX SD, but I might have waited to buy one, if I knew the Canik TP9v2 was going to be available so very soon. It's nice to have choices!!! Also, The TP9v2 uses the 2nd iteration SA only magazines, so that is a nice commonality for those who like both versions.

:D Let Liberty Reign!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SURE...

Might be alright for a boat/truck gun, though I'd rather have the paddle release version.
Over the next year I would expect a lot of chatter on YouTube, websites, forums, etc... And your point is well made, the cost is quite low for what you get in return. Military & Police use the TP9 Series as their main sidearm all over the former Ottoman empire region. Now with the NEW Canik 55 TP9v2, that trend will spread, as it's famed Price vs. Performance ratio helps cash strapped governments save $, while increasing fufunctionality, & performance.

Buy it & throw the box on the boat, hidden away, sure why not... If it gets stolen, your out ~$350, not $550 - $750 & ya gain more functionality vs. most pistols. Same with the Truck eh partner.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Doesn't look like a P99 clone to me. Looks quite a bit larger, especially in the all important grip length for CCW. I find my PPQ perfect for CCW. A clone would use the same magazines as the original too

I will gladly make the additional investment for a German made Walter P99 AS that comes from the factory with a test target and has an over 15 year history of proven excellence in design, trigger quality, reliability, durability, and uncanny accuracy for the length of the pistol.

Glad your new Canik is working out for you and fits your budget.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Check out the information, try to be objective, & don't assume every post is the same as before, did you read my post?
Easy, sport. I have no dog in the fight ... just sharing previous threads.

And yeah, I read your post and still would get the real deal ... but I have no beef if you feel otherwise.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It is VERY EARLY ON in it's release life, a few weeks is all for the TP9v2...
It's nice to have choices!!! Also, The TP9v2 uses the 2nd iteration SA only magazines, so that is a nice commonality for those who like both versions.

:D Let Liberty Reign!!!
You're coming off like a shill, and a bit of a hot head. That point has nothing to do with Canik or the firearm in question. You like the gun, we get it. Yeager likes the gun, but he also likes a Kimber 1911 in 9mm with a Swartz style firing pin safety. Who cares, and what does it matter? All this is irrelevant.

I haven't seen you around much, so welcome. Just calm down a bit, OK? I think we're all interested in Walthers, and by extension (most) firearms, including those copied/cloned from Walthers. No need to get your blood up because we're not AS foamy around the mouthal region.

To the actual topic at hand... As someone who has never handled one, my only known point of criticism is the style of magazine release. I prefer the contemporary European style that HK and Walther currently employ, by far. I'd also be interested to know exactly how the sights are configured (i.e. does the weapon accept Walther pattern sights).

The gun is interesting based on its price point, and for those looking for a Walther-esque weapon on the cheap, it fits the bill. I might own one if I needed/wanted something along those lines, but the same can be said for a lot of things.

·
Registered
821 Posts
No need to get your blood up because we're not AS foamy around the mouthal region.

When talking P99s, I actually get a little "AS" foamy at the mouth because of the P99 AS :)

Now a pet peeve, it bothers me when companies leverage their ISO 900x credentials, without explaining what the ISO 900x family of norms actually means :-/

One could get ISO 900x certified in making manure.

·
Super Moderator
9,924 Posts
Now a pet peeve, it bothers me when companies leverage their ISO 900x credentials, without explaining what the ISO 900x family of norms actually means :-/

One could get ISO 900x certified in making manure.
^^^ This ^^^

I had a really good laugh several years ago when the biggest home-building crook in the city posted billboard ads touting his company's ISO 9000 certification. What an eye-roller! Didn't make him any less a crook. He was, at the time, the most sued builder in the city.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Financial Elite who run this world are attempting to implode various economies in strategic places... Especially The USA. You will need many firearms, much ammo, food & water, ability to hunt / fish, survival skills, barter items (popular gun magazines are an excellent value), guns, physical silver, gold, other strategic valuables, rural farm land in strategic places, etc... All fiat currency (money not backed by an agreed upon stored value e.g. gold / silver) implodes sooner or later. President Nixon removed the final store of value that remained in 1972. The US Dollar has lost at least 99% of it's value since The private banking cartel (The Federal Reserve) was granted the power by Congress to issue currency & credit for The USA. With The Pacific Rim Trade Treaty recently passing in Congress & Obama now having Trade Promotion Authority THE PLANNED IMPLOSION will hasten.

If this occurs, functionality will be paramount, & the more prepared you are the better. Durable Go To War (GTW) firearms will be highly sought after. Walther makes many models that qualify & I love Walther engineering & quality, which is why I joined this forum. I am here to learn & to share my knowledge, take what you will or don't, it mattereth not. I am trying to justify spending the extra $ needed to buy a P99cAS to use as an EDC. My P32 in a Sneaky Pete is great, but I need to add another as my main EDC & I want that filled by a P99cAS. The TP9v2 (not a true Clone, but very close) is too large for my needs most of the time as an EDC.

High quality GTW compact pistols for EDC are always more expensive & not easily found at times. Does anything come close to a P99cAS???

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Uh oh, Deputy has risen from the grave :eek:

Reactions: Sundevil827
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.