Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally Posted by chaz
My PPK/S 380 Has roughly 2500 rds thru it . Today at the range after 150 rds
the trigger felt gritty it seemed to have something to do with the safty . I took out the mag , cleared the chamber . worked the slide, pulled the trigger , it worked fine . I reloaded it , put the safty off , tried to pull the trigger it was gritty again ; but it fired . I worked the safty off and on a couple off times . Now the trigger is completly stuck.
The gun is only 4 months old I am going to bring it to the dealer in the AM
I was just wondering in anyone else has had this problen .
I just finished telling the guy that I was shooting with how much I love this gun . Then it happened .

·
Registered
81 Posts
First things first, pull the grips and give it a serious cleaning (if you haven't already). Pay special attention to the area around the hammer release lever (the metal tab that the safety catch presses on to de-cock the hammer). If the problem persists, taking it back to the dealer is a good idea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First things first, pull the grips and give it a serious cleaning (if you haven't already). Pay special attention to the area around the hammer release lever (the metal tab that the safety catch presses on to de-cock the hammer). If the problem persists, taking it back to the dealer is a good idea.
Thanks Heavy Handed ....I did pull the grips and thoroughly cleaned the gun..
I used a little compressed air around the hammer area . Using the safety , seems to make this little piece of metal ; stick out just a little , at the very base of the hammer . Very hard to notice; when that little piece is showing the hammer will not go back . Working the safety on and off seems to do something , sometimes it helps ; sometimes it doesn't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts