Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I am new here and had a question.

The takedown catch on my gun stays down after I release it and after I put the slide back on too. The slide stays on securely, but the catch doesn't snap fully back up until I pull the trigger about 1/16 inch. I think the trigger moves forward to hold the catch down, kind of wedging it in place until it is pulled again.

I don't think this is dangerous, but it is weired. Anybody else know what I'm talking about?

As a new Walther owner, I have lots to learn and look forward to it.
Great to be here!

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx uncut, I thought that was a design thing. However, my gun is used (1997), but the trigger notch still holds the catch down when I put the slide back on. I will try the oil and see what happens.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a follow- up.
I checked out a p99 that appeared to be more heavily used, but made later (99). I don't think the catch got pinned by the trigger when I took the slide off. I manually pinned the catch down with the trigger to mimic mine, but it still snapped all the way closed when I put the slide back on. It's just odd that mine doesn't do this, considering that it is older. If the mechanics are engineered to function a certain way, but don't, I would think that would indicate some kind of problem. While I'm not too worried about safety at this point (or should I be?), I just like to understand possible causes and concerns when something isn't working the way it is supposed to.
Sorry I am nitpicking this so much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.