Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased a used PK 380 on a Gun Auction site (if I am allowed to post links to other sites I will do that later, Some gun boards seem to be very touchy about links). It was advertised as:
Pistol works great with no malfunctions. Pistol is clean and in good shape.
Needless to say, that is not what I got. I work out of state so a few months have passed between the purchase and my actual picking up the gun at the FFL.

What I found, when I went to fire it, was that the firing pin is jammed forward. Ammunition will not load (which I am quite glad, if it had loaded it would have acted like a fixed pin SMG).

Here is a picture, not of this gun (or even a walther), of what happens when I try to load it. I do not want to try to load the PK380 to show what is happening with my gun because I don't have any snap caps lying about and I don't want to tempt fate by trying to take this picture with live ammo.

Here is a picture of my PK 380:

I am trying to remove the firing pin to inspect it. The instructions that I find in the video below at about 2:48 show the firing pin being pushed forward to remove the safety bar, in order to remove the firing pin. In my case, the firing pin will not move forward.

To recap: The firing pin will not move forward from the rear or rearward from the front. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Have you inspected the safety, if the firingpin might just be stuck there?

Maybe the prior owner removed the firingpin and didn`t put it back together correctly.

Could you post a picture of the slide from the back, in a slightly better resolution, so we can see if there is something wrong?

If the fireingpin is not pushed foreward fully it could be, that it actually broke and the tip of it kind of cramped down the rest fo the fireingpin.

What I just saw in that video, perhaps the firingpinbushing was screwed in to deep and is causing the fireingpin to be pushed foreward.

So I would remove the safety comletely, if possible and see if you can remove the fireingpin.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shoulda sent the slide. :D
I suspect that is what Walther will tell me to do.

Have you inspected the safety, if the firingpin might just be stuck there?

<snip>

So I would remove the safety comletely, if possible and see if you can remove the fireingpin.
The safety appears to move between S and F correctly. However, after removing the safety levers (part 6 & 13), the firing pin cannot be pushed forward to remove the hammer block (part 12). As such, the hammer block cannot be removed; thus the firing pin (part 9) cannot be removed.

I realize it is hard to visualize, as a firing pin should not be stuck at both ends, it should be, either sticking out the front, sticking out the back, or properly situated between the front and the back. This one is both sticking out the front and stuck in the back. The only thing I can imagine has happened is that the firing pin retainer (part 55) has backed off the firing pin (part 9) and is now firmly lodged.

I am 90% sure that the slide will need to be returned to Walther. I was hoping that when I posted, I would have gotten a "oh, that is both common and easy." However, I now suspect that is not the case.

Part numbers from here

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I got an email today that it is now on its way back from Walther. I will report again after I shoot it.

Like I mentioned earlier, I really like the form. I have a permit; so maximum concealment is not the issue. The only issue is that my daughter (29) may decide it is hers. If that happens I will order the Blue one and I am pretty sure that she will be glad to swap.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, It's back. As you may recall, this was the original problem:

Looking at the paperwork that was returned with it, it looks like they put a new slide on it. So far I am happy; but I haven't been out to the range yet.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally got to the range this weekend. I had no issues with several boxes of ammunition. This is actual the first time I was able to shoot it. I was comparing it, side by side with my Glock 42 and Kimber Micro 380. The sights on the Kimber are a bit better and I was more accurate with it (a lot more practice with the Kimber probably also weighed in). That being said, the Walther definitely has a softer recoil.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.