Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to do this?
I have some questions.
Don;t they mean taking a dowel and knocking out the pin right next to the safety?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
yes part of stripping the G22, is to take out the pin by the safty....

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Do you have your manual? It shows how to do this in the manual. If you don't have it, I suggest you get one.

Be careful when you take the action apart, there are two small springs that you can lose easily. They are for the bolt hold open lever and the magazine safety lever.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
yea those 2 springs are IMHO the only design flaw on the G22..... too small and too weak.... when I tighten the screw on the stock too much my Bolt open spring doesn't work anymore

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I have the manual, but the pictures are lousy. In fact when they describe knocking out that pin with a dowel, they don;t show it. they actually say to remove the pin "above" the safety, but that's where they confused me. They pin is forward of the safety towards the muzzle. If I try and remove a pin above the safety, I would start taking the carrying handle apart.
I think they should rewrite it with drawings, their photos are crap.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Hmm, that's funny, because there's a picture of them doing it in my manual, in fact they show a picture of them using the allen wrench and hammer to push the dowel pin out. You might want to get on S&W's web site or call them and get a new manual.

I looked again and read the instructions, and yes, they are bad. It is the dowel pin next to the safety that you need to remove.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it's the same manual. See how that photo is a nice photo of an allen wrench attached to some blob at the bottom..a gun maybe..but they don't show the location of the pin. Anway I have it figured out now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts