Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while cleaning my 9mm P99 last night after a shooting session, I discovered that the striker safety assembly (the little shining pin vertically mounted inside the slide) could rotate about 15 - 20 degrees around its axis. I never ascertained this before. Is this normal wear - my gun has about 2K rounds fired - or is this excessive play I have to take care of by a gun smith ?

Thanks for your replies

·
Registered
11 Posts
I HATE when no one answers me.
Yeah it moves a bit.
Can you move the striker out of the hole without pushing in that saftey?
When it rotates it is stopping on the striker.

·
Registered
411 Posts
My P99 has 6k+ rounds thru it, and my striker safety plunger does not rotate at all, it "plunges" fine, but there is no rotation.
Make sure that the firing pin cannot move forward enough to protrude from the breech face, unless you press the plunger safety in. Otherwise you will have a slamfire full-auto, and those are not fun.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the answers guys !

The safety is functioning allright, i.e. although it has a small rotation while decocking the striker, it prevents the striker pin to protrude the breech face. I guess I'll check the proper functioning each time when cleaning the gun (after each shooting session), keep a record of the rotation and leave it as it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts