Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
I just picked up a new P99 in 9mm and man, it is a steal of a pistol and I'm already thinking I need another.. perhaps one without the Smith and Wesson import marking that looks (and feels) as if it was put in the slide manually with a jagged nail. The SA trigger is superb and the quick reset makes it hard not to shoot fast! If only they could put that trigger in my P7...

Anyway, what is the deal with the striker assembly? Can the striker be removed from the little plastic surround for cleaning and such despite the warnings against it in the manual?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yes.
Pull just the striker spring down away from the firing pin end, the little plastic cup on that end is split in half. You can take the cup halves out, then slide the spring off, and all the other bits will come off as well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Funny, I got my replacement spring today and was just looking at changing it. I'll find the book and see how to do it, but does any "surprises" happen when you take it apart? Anything with springs usually either go bong or there are tricks to put it back together. I can not see my spring, how do you pull it down?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Remove the striker assembly from the rear of the slide.
Hold the striker assembly firing pin end up.
Go to a table edge. Place the trigger engagement part of the striker on the top of the table, and the large black plastic sleeve against the side of the table.
Now, pull down on the striker spring, until the black plastic sleeve at the firing pin end of the striker can be split apart and removed.
Now just ease up on the spring, and take everything apart.
Reassemble, in reverse order.
If anybody needs more help, or pictures, email me.
If you read up on Glock striker disassembly on the internet, the P99 is almost identicle.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks...I did not even know how to take the striker assembly out, looked at the instructions and no problem. Feels soo much better with the lower weight spring...hope it still fires! Hope I do not need to put the old spring back in, used up my fingernails getting it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts