Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have, from what I've been previously told on these forums, a first gen P99 with a second gen trigger. I purchased some Magnum Research Mecgar mags for the gun and while the mags seem to function and feed properly overall I can really only use them with 14 instead of the full 15 rounds. The problem seems to be when the slide is forward and you insert a full 15 round mag the top round seems to be binding on the slide as in pushing up against it rather hard. This makes charging the firearm by racking the slide a bit hard on that first round and I'm concerned that, while the mag will seat in the gun with 15 rounds, I worry about the reliability of having 1 round in the chamber and a full 15 round mag loaded. I'm concerned after the first round fired that the pistol will reciprocate properly every time. I haven't really tested, which yeah, that'd be the first smart thing to do, but I've never had a mag where I felt that last bit of crunch when inserting it into the mag well to the point of locking in, I mean, it just doesn't feel right. With 14 rounds everything is perfect. I've kept one mag loaded for a while and it doesn't seem to be loosening up as far as I can tell. Anyone else experience this?

·
Premium Member
13,891 Posts
What your experiencing is normal. Go shoot it and see how it performs. I've got plenty of Magnum Research mags.....they work just fine in my PPQ's and P99's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts