Walther Forums banner

Steel Frame Walther (ULM) TPH 22lr.

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  halfmoonclip 
#1 ·
Gun Broker #786876306 by Georgia Gun Store. I have inquired about this Walther TPH having a steel frame as I believe the frame production of the Ulm produced TPH's in 22lr are alloy frame only.
The seller insists the frame is steel, if so this is really a collectible Walther.
This is an Ulm produced TPH with eagle & N proof marks, Made in Germany imported by Interarms. Proofed IA I think.
Thoughts?

#7 · (Edited)
I suspect the seller has had contact with one or more Ranger/Black Creek produced Walther TPH's which have the steel frames. Probably had less or no contact with a ULM model. On his listing you will note he has enforced his answer to my question, "This is a Steel Frame Gun."
His listing states that the pistol is not available for viewing. It is my though that the seller does not have actual contact with the pistol. This may be an error on my part.

#10 ·
As is, No exchange or refund. I may be reading the instructions incorrectly, however, for this sale requires a credit card only. Also another point I am not certain on, but if the frame is not steel, does that fact make the sale a case of a misleading listing that may require a full refund via Gun Broker rules?

#13 · (Edited)
Steel frame TPH

I just checked on Gun broker it sold for $1061.00.
IIRC the box looks like the one I had in the mid 70's.
The is a picture with some paperwork with Interarms on it.
I got mine when I was on the Police Dept.

At the time the gun could not be imported because it didn't have enough "points" to pass regulations.
Some how Walther got the ATF to allow sales to LE.

All that was needed was the Chief or commanding officer to sign off.

About 6 of us got the Chief to sign off. I think we paid about $150.00.
When the guns arrived they were handed out to us with no paperwork;)
(this was in NJ and a pistol permit was needed to purchase even for LE.
I sold mine years later for $450.00:mad:
The one I had, was an alloy frame.
I used to carry it in a shoulder holster under my shirt and over my vest.
I dispatched a few ground hogs and raccoons with it.

#15 ·
Some how Walther got the ATF to allow sales to LE.

All that was needed was the Chief or commanding officer to sign off.

So many TPHs were bring promptly re-sold that BATF changed its ruling to authorize import and sale only to a police department, not to individual officers. That slowed things down quite a bit, but BATF could not prevent the department from then disposing of those guns to its individual officers.

Cops are nothing if not resourceful.

M

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.