Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this at a small gunshop, consenses was this p38 had been put on a grinder and refinished,still a good shooter.400.00 out the door it went.,Looks like an untouched factory original CYQ p38,all matching including locking block,correct JVD late mag.Got to love them rough CYQs,Merry Christmas to me!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Some collectors go ga-ga over these late-war guns, but all things considered it's hard for me to find $400 worth of value there. But to each his own.

M

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mike!Glad you think that way,like you say to each his own,if everybody liked the same thing it would be a pretty boring world.;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Saw this at a small gunshop, consenses was this p38 had been put on a grinder and refinished,still a good shooter.400.00 out the door it went.,Looks like an untouched factory original CYQ p38,all matching including locking block,correct JVD late mag.Got to love them rough CYQs,Merry Christmas to me!
...if I could I would grab 'em all.... :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah these local guys wouldn't know a p38 from a luger,and have no clue what a CYQ finish should look like,sure hope they stay that way.The dealers that look up everything on Gunbroker are not the ones I buy from ha.Heck the p1s with the aluminum frame are over 400.00 now.A matching numbers original finish ww2 p38 for 400.00 is a no brainer for an investment,unless you don't like making money of course.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Did all the Spreewerke guns have the serial numbers on the different parts? I’m not that versed in the classic Walthers, but I know enough that one with matching parts and war era markings will fetch enough to buy at least 2 PPQ’s.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yes, cyq pistols had matching parts marked (that is frame, barrel, locking block and slide) when they left the factory. Never had serial number matched magazines though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts