Walther Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it an SSP?
Could you post a picture of the whole pistol?
My rear sight doesn't look like the one you have

On a second look,I see that you took the rear sight apart
Did you buy it new?
The rear sight can be easily replaced
I would contact the seller first
Good luck
Hello. It's a ssp for sure. It was the gunsmith seller that took the rear sight apart so he could see what was the crack all about. We are waiting for Walther since than.
Mean while Walther send... Not the all rear sight to substitute but the cracked sight base... You can see in the foto. However it was not contrasted or marked with the brand Walter or the mark that indicate the action on the screw turns. So I did not consider acceptable have a new bought gun already without Walther logos. What would you do?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would not accept it
Walther needs to send you a new rear sight
Very easy to replace,just loose the screw on the right side and lift the sight up
This pistol is very nice and very accurate
Are you doing 25 metre standard shooting?
Or 25M rapid fire?
By the way,the SSP was designed to replace the OSP for the 25M rapid fire.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yeah Walter!
So now go put that rear sight back together and go shoot!
Check back and let us know how you like the pistol
I've had mine for about 4 years now so if you have any questions I might be able to help you out

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would not accept it
Walther needs to send you a new rear sight
Very easy to replace,just loose the screw on the right side and lift the sight up
This pistol is very nice and very accurate
Are you doing 25 metre standard shooting?
Or 25M rapid fire?
By the way,the SSP was designed to replace the OSP for the 25M rapid fire.
Thanks for your nice words. I intend to shoot 25m and when more familiarized with it I will do rapid fire. That's my goal for the next 2 years. My first shots with the ssp above
Window Gas Tints and shades Circle Oval
Window Gas Tints and shades Circle Oval

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I always have guns and do shooting, but hunting is one thing but to compete in the issf rules is another... I too have a Swiss Steyer Evo 10, and I just love to do 10m. I do it for 2 years now and I'm still improving my grouping. But now it time to move on to. 22lr. Rapid Fire. The first impression with Walther ssp it was very good. The weight, the grip, the recoil, the equilibrium, the sight alignment, the trigger. To compete with .22lr pistol I choose German engeneering against Olympic main stream Italian domínio and i'am glad I did it. One thing that it is still make me some fears, it is the maintenance issue... But I am waiting for the first 1500 shots to realize it and I am learning from some walther videos in youtube.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Don't worry too much about maintenance on the SSP
I never had a malfunction and I don't clean my pistol as often as I should
The one thing you will need to replace once in a while is the 2 springs (recoil and striker)
They are both at the front and under the barrel but they're pretty easy to replace

So you like shooting 10 metre air pistol?
So do I! I'm originally from France and I used to shoot the 10 metre back in the early 80's
I was really good! I was champion of France in 1982
My pistol was a Feinwerkbau model 65
Have fun with your Walther
Very good pistol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts