Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have a copy of the Steven Stepan book they’d like to sell? Or, would someone with a copy be willing to send me images in the book where my pistol is referenced? Thanks.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Where would your pistol be referenced? Do you know the page number? What is the description and serial number?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a copy? I’m referencing the database of SS issued PP/PPKs. I’ve read it contains documentation of more than 1,000 SS pistols by exact serial number.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yes I have a copy. However, the database isn't the end all be all. It only contains pistols that were officially documented at the time for the making of the book. If you post pics of your pistol and numbered magazine (if you have it) I, or someone else can give an opinion to it as well as sending of pictures that refrence it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Do you have a copy? I’m referencing the database of SS issued PP/PPKs. I’ve read it contains documentation of more than 1,000 SS pistols by exact serial number.

The list of over 1000 sent for Einsatzgruppen use is public domain, coming from the National Archives. It has been posted on other forums, as has the follow-up letter of specific pistols from the list with owners. Here is the list. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge. The book also reprints info from previous volumes providing individual serial numbers and names found on arsenal receipt cards of pistols and recipients. To many to post here. That is the benefit of the original Red Book and Steve Stepan's succeeding volumes.

Attachments

Reactions: pilkguns

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I received some info from a fine fellow on Reddit regarding the pistol and I want to verify, get more info if possible. I believe it was received by Erich Richter. I think he was SS-Sturmscharführer Kriminalsekretär; Gestapo in Hasselt, Belgium. Looking for verification/paperwork on the possession. ...Perhaps I’m wrong.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I received some info from a fine fellow on Reddit regarding the pistol and I want to verify, get more info if possible. I believe it was received by Erich Richter. I think he was SS-Sturmscharführer Kriminalsekretär; Gestapo in Hasselt, Belgium. Looking for verification/paperwork on the possession. ...Perhaps I’m wrong.

Well you have a wartime issue PPK procurred by the offices of the Ordnungspolizei for issue to NCOs of the uniformed police forces of Germany. This is not the plainclothes security police of the RSHA. While the Wather pistols procurred by the RSHA were identified by serial numbers on the slide, at this time in PP/PPK production, all weapons had the serial number on the slide. So the only method of determining RSHA use is an accompanying magazine serial numbered to the pistol on the back of the magazine.

·
Registered
826 Posts
355995 K Eagle/C. Thanks for your help. I’m hoping to get an image from a kind stranger of recipient.
Your source on Reddit apparently got the info on your pistol serial number screwed up. According to the Red Book and the Black Book, Erich Richter, a Kriminal Angestellte(employee) was issued PPK 358999K. 355995K is not listed as an RSHA iisued pistol in either the Red or Black books. Yours is a police issue pistol.

·
Registered
141 Posts
355995 K Eagle/C. Thanks for your help. I’m hoping to get an image from a kind stranger of recipient.
Nice pistol. I have serial number 356313 K Eagle/C... they both probably went down the production line near each other. My original magazine is also not numbered.

D83A4955-6313-451F-8933-23909559B3CF.jpg

The uniformed police were part of the Nazi Interior Ministry, but fell under control of the SS. Also, a lot of the police battalion units were side by side with the SS during Einstazgruppen aktions against civilians, partisans, and actively participated in the Holocaust.

Did our pistols sit in a holster or a desk at a police station in Düsseldorf or did they see use in Poland or the Ukraine? No one knows for sure...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Your source on Reddit apparently got the info on your pistol serial number screwed up. According to the Red Book and the Black Book, Erich Richter, a Kriminal Angestellte(employee) was issued PPK 358999K. 355995K is not listed as an RSHA iisued pistol in either the Red or Black books. Yours is a police issue pistol.
Thank you for the information. This clears things up. The Reddit source stated Richter had two PPKs, but you’ve shown mine wasn’t his. Cool. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice pistol. I have serial number 356313 K Eagle/C... they both probably went down the production line near each other. My original magazine is also not numbered.

View attachment 83178

The uniformed police were part of the Nazi Interior Ministry, but fell under control of the SS. Also, a lot of the police battalion units were side by side with the SS during Einstazgruppen aktions against civilians, partisans, and actively participated in the Holocaust.

Did our pistols sit in a holster or a desk at a police station in Düsseldorf or did they see use in Poland or the Ukraine? No one knows for sure...
Thanks for the information. It’s a great gun, I’m in awe of it, with the exception of the incessant chamber jamming. Otherwise, fun to shoot. The history is amazing. I wish I could hear the story of how it changed hands in the war. Again, thanks for your time.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Thank you for the information. This clears things up. The Reddit source stated Richter had two PPKs, but you’ve shown mine wasn’t his. Cool. Thanks for your time.
Will you provide a link to your Reddit source that gave the information you have. I am curious as to the source of the Reddit information.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He mentioned finding it in the two thin books published from documents. I’m not going to name him since it looks like he made a mistake. I figure he was talking about the Stepan and/or Görtz books. Looking again at our conversation, he mentioned Görtz.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Steve passed away on April 29th I’m said to say and his expertise will be missed.

·
Registered
141 Posts
That is very sad to hear.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts