Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Located a SS Interarms PPK in 32 with box , and papers, light scratches on barrel (look like from normal use) and red on safety is gone. Asking price is $1250. What say you all, is it worth it? Too much , is it a steal, just about right? Still hunting for one of these bad maama jamas as a pre Christmas present to myself so ANY input is welcome and thank you in advance!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I keep searching for the blued version of a .32 ppk and when I do find them they are regularly in that range. My stainless .32 cost me about $700, but that was 5 years ago.
In my mind what you are seeing is not out of the ordinary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
A bit high perhaps, but not terribly out of line, if it’s complete with box, etc. They’re hard to find in decent condition. You can see a pic of mine (just picked it up yesterday), in the thread below (where I’m seeking ammo advice). Good luck!

Michael

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the responses. I just saw your photo Baf….sure is purty. I know I posted on your thread but will say it again, Sellier and Bellot all day everyday for the .32. To my knowledge its the hottest non Buffalo Bore (or other boutique brand) round out there AND is really clean. Never had any issues feeding or ejecting. So, your photo is basically what I found. Do you mind me asking what it cost to liberate her from the previous? Feel free to PM if preferred. Thanks again!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re the ammo, I think you may have overlooked the part about me needing to find ammo I could comfortably shoot with my Beretta Tomcat, as well, requiring 130 ft lbs or less of muzzle energy. I believe the S & B is hotter than that.

I got lucky (especially here in CA where we pay a stiff premium for off-roster handguns), and paid “only” $800, plus transfer fees. They generally go for a bit more here - especially (as I said), with the box and “goodies.”

·
Registered
17 Posts
Btw, I had a choice when I bought mine, of buying another (also Interarms, SS, .32) here in CA, that has never been fired. Original asking price was $1,600, I offered 1k, and he countered at $1,300. As I want the PPK as a “shooter,” I opted for the $800 package on the other one.

I’d like to hope that you might get your seller down closer to $1K? Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts