Walther Forums banner

Springfield Armory XD 45 - 45 ACP

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  phobos512 
#1 ·
Any body get one of these yet? Looks like a pretty good deal... I've yet to own a Springfield, maybe it's about time...
Springfield Armory XD-45ACP

See less See more
#4 ·
I seriously thought about getting one, but I got rid of a 45 recently, and I plan to justs tick w/ 9mm, because of the ammo cost (1/2 the price). So, my next gun will be a USP compact. After that - I will be taking a break from buying pistols. THere is nothing else out I want. Maybe I will buy a carbine or crossbox after that.

#5 ·
My first semi auto center fire was a S&W 59 when they first came out. At the time it was a toss up between that and a Hi-Power. I choose the 59 because of the DA first shot and extra mag capacity. If I had of chosen the Hi-Power, I probably would still have it... That's the breaks! Point is, I've always been a 9mm man myself over all.

I only have one .45 presently, an older style Sig P220 and would like at least one more .45, preferably a Hi-Cap "plastic" pistol... I prefer the DA/SA over the SA only... I like those bad boys... The XD just might be it...

I'm set up to reload 9mm and .45 and have components for both. Even with reloading the .45 is substantially more costly... Danged old 9mm really has some good points!

#6 ·
Heck, get a P22 and really start saving on ammo costs!

I saw the ad for the XD in .45 and was impressed as well. Yeah ammo is more spendy but it's a mightly big chunk of lead you're hurtling towards the gobblins. I figure it would only cost a few hundred rounds per year to stay current with the gun when combined with other shooting say with a 9mm P99.

So far I haven't been impressed with 1911 ergonomics although I've only shot one. The .40 was a good medium round for me but it's hard to argue with 12 rounds of ye ol' ACP on the night stand. After I move to CT I can get the 'high cap' mags so I'm looking forward to that.

#7 ·
P22's are great, I have one... Like you Nocturnal, the 1911 is not my cup of tea. I like them, heck, I've had three, in fact I just traded one for another P99... Now, I'm wanting another .45ACP, but in the "plastic" gun variety... The USP looks good, and I like the German guns, but it seems a bit over priced, hence the SA.... I'm in no hurry, so I'll look, and think, look some more and cogitate... Then, I'll buy...............another P99, like ShipWreck.. Hahaha....

#8 ·
I was really wanting one of these prior to getting my P990...I was kicking myself when they were released for California during my waiting period...However, I played around with one last week in Orlando and I honestly didn't like it all that much, didn't fit my hand very well, controls were small, etc...I also played with a Kimber Pro Carry, that was a SWEET pistol. Think I might pick one up over the summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.