Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this gun...if so, do you have a tip on getting the slide stop out when disassembling ? Manual sounds like you just line up slide as shown, and the assembly can just be pulled out. Not mine, pushing with my finger didn't do it. Finally my wife using a rubber tipped instrument was able to push it out after much straining. Don't want to go thru this again.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
We've got a Kimber Micro 9, and a Sig 238 and 938 in this house. When they were still brand new, we used the tip of a ball pen to push the disassembly lever until it either slid out effortlessly or could be grabbed comfortably with ones fingers.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ejector

well, more important...just before my range closed for shooting, one of their guys helped me put the slide back on 911 as my first time field stripping - before I could say anything, he pushed the ejector down into the mag well and finished assembling. I went in to shoot, and had problems with failure to feed and eject...I think he broke the ejector, as Springfield cautions not to push ejector down anymore than to get slide back- at first, they said new, stiff, small guns could have those problems, and shooting several hundred rounds thru them would solve it. Later, one of best range masters told me to put the gun down after it jammed- went to get gun smith. Gun smith said he thought he knew what it was..so, I left it with him. Really chapped, as I bought the gun there

any comments?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
since gunsmith worked on P911, have shot 145 rounds with no problem- am very accurate with it....then, had a jam....locked slide back, dropped the mag and got the two cartridges out. Put them back in the mag, and fired 30 more shots with no problem. What could have caused the one jam out of so many shots? Ammo is good.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have a SIG P238 similar design.

Regarding slide stop. When new it was more difficult to align , new recoil soring, and not broke in yet.
Empty gun no mag etc.
I am right handed so use left hand to align slide for disassembly. Use right hand for manipulating the slide stop. Oncegned to pull out the slide stop use right hand to push out slide stop from the right hand side of frame. Should at least budge to allow some gap between slide stop lever on left hand side and frame. Now still holding slide in position with left hand try wiggling out the slide stop.
Most likely need to budge the slide to free up the slides top.
When new my p238 was tight so I used a plastic knife tip to start the removal process.

Regarding ejector. When putting the slide on after field strip I put it on the frame ease it back to the ejector. Just make contact with the ejector, them nudge the slide forward and nudge the ejector down to just under the slide, the push the slide backwards.
Regarding failure.
One failure that you describe, I would guess it was that one round even good factory ammo, or perhaps you did something different in your grip etc. Could be magazine needs cleaning.

May also be "dirty" enough for the new gun not yet broke in to have one issue.
At home field strip clean lube with oil and dab of grease on the rails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.