Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, aside from dropping Glock springs into the P99, are there spring kits available to lighten the trigger pull of a P99 or P99QA?

·
Registered
78 Posts
which springs would you be looking for? i just got back into town today and have tomorrow off, and am going to the range to check out the Wolff 4# Glock stiker spring w/ the ammo that i regularly use. as far as i know, i haven't seen any aftermarket springs yet.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I just received my new Wolff 5.5# glock striker spring, to try out in my P99, i'll report on its performance later.

·
Registered
78 Posts
NM_P99 are you going to try it in both of the P99's?

Here's a pic of the 3 different striker springs
(L-R) P99, a stock Glock G17 and a Wolff 4# Glock striker spring.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can you just do a straight swap of the springs with no problems? That's rather nifty.

How much do the replacement Glock springs cost?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I tried the Wolff spring in my std. P99 w/6000 rounds thru it.
The trigger pull did not lighten up enough that I noticed it.
And when as the trigger was about to release, I could faintly feel and hear the spring rub or bind against something, so I took it out and put the factory spring back in.
For me, it was not worth it to swap.
I guess my Glock 17 gets a new striker spring.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's too bad. That sounded like a cheap and fun modification to try out. I'm guessing that if the 5.5# spring bound up, the 4# (which I would expect to be a little shorter) would bind even more severely, though it might offer a noticable drop in pull pressure. I guess we need a thinner spring, closer to the length of the original...

·
Registered
78 Posts
the 4# spring worked fine for me out of 350 rounds i had 1 FTF (Win Value pack), but fired on the 2nd strike.  no problems here.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Maybe this is a silly question, but why don't you buy a supply of stock P99 striker springs for experimentation, i.e., cut one, two or more coils at a time to try?  I would just make sure I set the original spring aside for safekeeping.

If I wanted to "play", that's what I would do.  

·
Registered
20 Posts
How dare you bring logic into a firearms forum?

--Maybe this is a silly question, but why don't you buy a supply of stock P99 striker springs for experimentation, i.e., cut one, two or more coils at a time to try? I would just make sure I set the original spring aside for safekeeping.--

·
Registered
78 Posts
Catbird, i could have gone that route, but since i have alot of Glock parts, i decided to use them.

NM_P99, you have 6000rds on the same spring?  the spring may be quite softer than a new one.  also i saw that you were using a 5.5#, which would make less of a difference.

Bansidhe, yes, it's very noticable with a 4# spring.

my P99 has 850 rds through it now, and here are the measurements that i have with springs that were new and how many rounds that they have been used.  

stock (250rds)
DA - 7lb 3.5oz
SA - 3lb 15.6oz

5# (250rds) no FTF's
DA - 5lb 4.0oz (very noticable difference)
SA - 3lb 4.7oz (little difference felt)

4# (350rds) 1 FTF w/ Win Value Pack, but fired on 2nd strike.
DA - 4lb 0.6oz (very noticable difference)
SA - 2lb 13.4oz (very noticable difference)

does anyone know the stock spring weight?  from what i'm measuring, my guess is 7lbs.

·
Registered
411 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Quack @ Nov. 02 2002,9:36)]NM_P99, you have 6000rds on the same spring?  the spring may be quite softer than a new one.  also i saw that you were using a 5.5#, which would make less of a difference.
Yes, 6000 rounds on the same spring. I have changed the recoil spring one time, but all the other springs are original.
All my primer hits are plenty strong, so i'm happy.
I ordered a 5.5# Wolff for a Glock 17, because if it didn't fit in the P99, I could always replace my Glocks striker spring, which btw has around 15000 rounds on it, without a light primer strike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts