Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm curious if anybody else has had issues with excessive sloppiness at battery using the white or yellow spring on the Springco recoil system? I'm getting almost a 1/4" with the white spring and very close to that with the yellow spring. A moderate vertical shake moves the slide significantly as well as a draw from the holster. I understand that a lighter striker spring has been used to reduce this issue, but I'm trying to understand how common this is. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,813 Posts
Hay Duke.....you might want to call Sprinco and talk to Alan. Getting the right amount of 'in battery' pressure is a balancing act between the recoil spring and the striker spring.

Call Alan.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So, I'm curious if anybody else has had issues with excessive sloppiness at battery using the white or yellow spring on the Springco recoil system? I'm getting almost a 1/4" with the white spring and very close to that with the yellow spring. A moderate vertical shake moves the slide significantly as well as a draw from the holster. I understand that a lighter striker spring has been used to reduce this issue, but I'm trying to understand how common this is. Thanks.
Very common. I would say 100% with a reduced recoil spring. One guy at a local shooting match had a Q5 with the Sprinco system in and his Q5 was sloppy at the battery, just like mine BEFORE I swapped the striker spring. He did not care about it and said that he had never had an issue with the pistol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had that happen to me at a match. I took a shot, shell ejected and it was out of battery by 1/4 of an inch. Had to tap, rack and it was all good. Second time that happened to me with a Sprinco

1 - 7 of 7 Posts