Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought one for my P99 9 mm. Sprinco was a great company to deal with, and the workmanship in their recoil reducer appeared to be excellent, but it was very difficult to install (because of spring strength). Also, I could not honestly say I felt much reduction in the perceived recoil. I no longer have it installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also I bought a recoil reducer for my 9 mm P99. To tell the truth, Sprinco is indeed a great company to deal with but their recoil reducer didn't reduce the recoil in a way that some considerable comfort was added. Moreover the reducer is too long for the 9 mm (designed for the .40 SW with somewhat longer slide) and the thing left marks on the slide as a result of the guide rod hitting the slide when returning into battery. Although very well machined, IMHO not worth the money
I reinstalled the OEM spring assembly. Maybe some of their other products perform better ? I

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick response Eric and kkramer673, I should have asked this question sooner, I already made the purchase for the recoil reducer from springco. I guess I can update you with my observation. The only difference is that I have a .40cal. Hopefully it will turn out fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just came back from the range and tried the recoil reducer. It felt very hard to pull the slide back to lock and ammo kept jamming. I think spring is too strong that even before the bullet gets chambered, slide is almost at its cycle back to the battery clipping the ammo in the middle and it happened almost every time. I tried switching back to the orig. spring and it worked fine. There are also some slight scraping on the grip slide rail. I decided to put it away before putting more damage to my P99. I emailed sprinco back and Alan Dugger quickly sent me a response to just send the piece back. Really appreciate his superb customer service. I really felt bad that things did go the way it should........He also mentioned that he's trying to find better ways to accomodate the P99.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts