Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was in my Easter Basket today. Experts, tell me what I’ve got and is it a shooter or otherwise. I am thinking otherwise, but really want to load it up.

First of this kind for me, I am a revolver and milsurp rifle guy generally, however, have wanted this and a luger since stories of my grandfathers in WWII (only one came back, one in Belgium in La Chapelle)

Anyhow Spreewerk P38 cyq 1667 block L. All matching.

Magazine appears to be original but is not numbered and has only one super tiny mark near the base that I have confirmed with the help of my son’s bug collecting microscope does in fact have an 88 on it, but no eagle is (still?) visible. What marks should they have?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new P.38. I have an all matching Spreewerk myself that I like to shoot from time to time.

Yours looks pretty good on the outside. I'd look over the locking block and slide closely for cracks before shooting it. The Spreewerk pistols never came with numbered magazines.

If you go to our Free Range Time subforum you can show off some of your milsurp collection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts